2004 Cadillac SLS - Replacing the gear shift light bulb

Denis Kaminek

New LVC Member
Reaction score
2004 CAdillac SLS --
1) How do I get inside the console to replace the gear shift light bulb?
2) Also, one of the lighted steering wheel buttons no longer illuminates -- is there a separate bulb for each button? Is the bulb under the button? How do I replace?

thanks...

gear shift center console one bulb only it costs between 25-50 cents,now heres the thing the old bulb is white and so is the new one but the old one has a blue rubber on the tip take off and put on new bulb ,kind of like a rubber no pun intended,as far as getting at it the wood grain panel i believe justs lifts out then when done clips back into place if you can go to auto parts store spend 20.00 and buy a hayes manual for your cadi trust me best thing i ever did ,and it has lots of pictures,it will tell you everything about your car. signed the all seeing,all knowing.all powerfull cadillac god.

Well, I bought the Hayes Manual and it was of no help for either of my two questions. Are there any other suggestions out there?

ok lite on steering wheel each button is seperate pry off with small flat srew driver buttons are dealer item only around 15.00 20.00 each center console ,first block wheels if on hill put key in ignition and put turn on accessories only dont turn all the way you dont need to a start the car ,then remove wood grain from inside edges where shifter is and gently lift up be carefull you dont want to break it move gear lever around it will help you get a it better you dont need to remove side panels for this job. remember its one bulb only just remove little blue rubber from old bulb and but on new bulb but first bring old bulb to any auto parts to match up for replacement bulb .if any problems or questions call ,and be careful dont break the wood grain 802-393-1506

Members online

No members online now.
Back