2003 V8 Thermostat Temp?

Elemino

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
I didn't think this would be hard to find, but it appears most of you replacing thermostats have gen I.

What is the temp spec of the gen II thermostat? I've seen them being sold with the temp all over the place, but I'm not sure which one to purchase.

Actually, I'm trying to buy and replace today if possible. Thanks for the info guys!

Autozone has one that includes the housing for about $49, but you must order it. (192 degrees)

NAPA has this one: http://bit.ly/LevaJh (188 degrees) for about $11, and you must reuse the housing.

What do you guys think? Should I be trying to replace the housing as well?

Go to the dealer and have them look up by VIN...best way to get the most accurate part.

I did not replace my housing and used a motorcraft part...no issues since. And my fan was running full all the time.

I suppose I'll wait until tomorrow when I don't have to get a ride from someone to do this.

Autozone has one that includes the housing for about $49, but you must order it. (192 degrees)

NAPA has this one: http://bit.ly/LevaJh (188 degrees) for about $11, and you must reuse the housing.

What do you guys think? Should I be trying to replace the housing as well?

It is not uncommon for the plastic housing to crack or for the ears that hold the thermostat assembly to break off when you take it apart. If this is the original part on your 03, I'd count on having to replace it.

Went to NAPA today, and turns out the part they have listed is for the V6. They said something is wrong with the website, and someone else with an LS came in looking for a part they found on the site as well and had the same problem. Still looking...

Dealer man. Plenty of fire dealers nearby and I've had wonderful service at five star ford in north richland hills.

It's such a rare part unless you order it you about have to get it from the dealer. That's the problem with this car, so many one of a kind parts.

I've been there before. I used to drive a 17 yr old (at the time) Town Car. I probably should order a few hood shocks while I can still get them. Once those were no longer available for the TC, it made it nearly impossible to do anything to.

I think I will just get the entire thermostat and housing. $50 at Autozone.com. I'll check the dealer and see what they want, but I have the feeling it will be considerably more... Unfortunately, it looks like this car will be sitting much longer than I anticipated. :\

You guys wait. Once I get another job, this LS will join the club of the elites on here.

Members online

No members online now.
Back