2003 V-8 Erratic Heat

clubairth

Well-Known LVC Member
Reaction score
Have a 2003 LS V-8 with 65K miles. Not getting good heat and the climate control temperature regulation is erratic and very slow to produce heat. I have changed the thermostat and the DCCV and the anti-freeze. No change or improvement at all. Suspect the head unit might be bad or a internal temperature sensor. I can power the DCCV and the aux cooling pump with an external power souce and they both work correctly.
Ford wants $104 just to scan car. Can not find how to get the DATC with heated/cooled seats to do the self test?
Thanks for any help!

Thanks but I have bled the air out. Car temperature is normal, coolant level stable. I usually open the heater bleed several more times after putting a few heat/cool cycles in.

All three heater hoses do get hot eventually and I can turn the heat up to 90 and get warm after a while. Has anybody had a interior temperature sensor go bad?

DATC Self Test For 2003-2006 LS W/AC Seats

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The DATC climate control head with the heated/cooled seats can be checked with a self test. Until now there were no instructions for the later LS's with the heated/cooled seats. After taking my car to Ford the mechanic could not find out how to do it either. He called the tech. hot line and got the correct instructions.

Push the OFF and DEFROST buttons at the same time. Then press AUTO. The unit will perform a self test and if everything is all right the display will light all the segments and display a row of 8's. If any other number appears write it down. That's your error code. The ignition needs to be on but the car can be running or not. After the test press any button to exit test mode.

Hope this is some help! It took a LONG time for me to get this info.
. hope this helps!!!!!!!!

My problem was in the bottle There is a little brass tube that runs from the top of the jug to the bottom of the jug where a line connects to the bottle it keeps the system from sucking air back into the motor when shut of or tilted or such when the jugs get old and expands and lets the tube drop out of the plastic jug and leaves the line open to the top of the jug therefore when you shut the car off and it cools down it sucks air into the system and air locks the coolant passages get a new jug and that should fix the problem.

Members online

Back