2003 Navigator cluster dead.

Dp nav

LVC Member
Reaction score
2003 Navigator had dead cluster...Black except when I used turn signal the arrow indicator came on but the cluster was black . Follwed slm939 advice and took out aftermarket auto start/ alarm. And just like slm's result only have the red indicators ( needles) lit up. No backlight does anyone have a suggestion?

2003 Navigator had dead cluster...Black except when I used turn signal the arrow indicator came on but the cluster was black . Follwed slm939 advice and took out aftermarket auto start/ alarm. And just like slm's result only have the red indicators ( needles) lit up. No backlight does anyone have a suggestion?
I have an 06 navigator that I just got the odomiter was not working (not quite the same problem) may help your problems as well, a guy on YouTube suggested take cluster out and dissesemble it and reheat contacts with a little solder. I did every one I could and low and behold it worked.
Again I realize not the exact same problem but you never know.

Thanks J12, i had the cluster apart and found nothing evident. Actually looked good. ( i repair boards in appliances ) im an appliance tech. Got a used cluster it works great. I believe what happend was my aftermarket auto start system was blowing fuse 15 and subsequently took out my cluster. I had this auto start put in when the vehicle was new in 03. If i knew what they do to install these things i would never have had it done. What a f-ing mess. Wies spliced with black tape poor connections. These things invade the whole electrical system. Live and learn.

Members online

No members online now.
Back