2003 Navigator cluster dead.

Lincoln Navigator / Lincoln Aviator

1. Dp nav

Dp nav LVC Member

2003 Navigator had dead cluster...Black except when I used turn signal the arrow indicator came on but the cluster was black . Follwed slm939 advice and took out aftermarket auto start/ alarm. And just like slm's result only have the red indicators ( needles) lit up. No backlight does anyone have a suggestion?

2. Joseph12

Joseph12 New LVC Member

I have an 06 navigator that I just got the odomiter was not working (not quite the same problem) may help your problems as well, a guy on YouTube suggested take cluster out and dissesemble it and reheat contacts with a little solder. I did every one I could and low and behold it worked.
    Again I realize not the exact same problem but you never know.

3. Dp nav

Dp nav LVC Member

Thanks J12, i had the cluster apart and found nothing evident. Actually looked good. ( i repair boards in appliances ) im an appliance tech. Got a used cluster it works great. I believe what happend was my aftermarket auto start system was blowing fuse 15 and subsequently took out my cluster. I had this auto start put in when the vehicle was new in 03. If i knew what they do to install these things i would never have had it done. What a f-ing mess. Wies spliced with black tape poor connections. These things invade the whole electrical system. Live and learn.

4. joegr

joegr Dedicated LVC Member

It can be done correctly, but it rarely is.

• Like Like x 1
    • Joseph12

Joseph12 New LVC Member

Glad you got it working.