2003 LS with NAV and IPOD

chadlnc

New LVC Member
Reaction score
I have a 2003 LS V8 with the navigation and 6 CD changer (behind the NAV screen). I currently have my XM radio hooked up to the back of the radio using a FM modulator and I'm looking to do away with that and hook up my IPOD directly. It seems like every site I go to looking for a system does not include the 2003 in the application or have footnotes not including the in-dash cd changer. Does anyone have the IPOD hooked up directly, and how?

On ebay do search for FRD-03/AUX from PIE. It works....don't get the one with the /s at the end - just FRD-03/AUX

Got it all installed, only took about 20 minutes. I think I'm going to get a new cable that is flat on top so it doesn't stick up so much, but for now this works.

ipod_radio.jpg

Ohh I like that beaups, can you get the video to play on screen?

Anyone know if I'd be able to do it myself on my Pioneer AVIC-D2?

As far a I know only the AVIC-D3 that some of us have on here plays the DVD on the screen with its internal DVD player. Not sure if the D2 has inputs for it for an external player, probably does, but Im not sure.

I ordered one from the store in the 1st link I provided. I'll try to take some pictures while I install it when I get the part.

If you have a 04+ then get the frd-aux/s it will allow you to control the ipod from the nav and steering controls, see info on your nave screen and charge the ipod but for all this it will cost you around the $170 range but I think its worth it.

Hey guys, great site. I have been on often since I bought my LSE, but decided it was finally time to join today. Are there any further posts or updates on this subject? I have an '05 LSE with 6 disc changer and Nav and its been frustrating not being able to integrate the iPhone.

P3092488.jpgP3092489.jpg
Hey guys, great site. I have been on often since I bought my LSE, but decided it was finally time to join today. Are there any further posts or updates on this subject? I have an '05 LSE with 6 disc changer and Nav and its been frustrating not being able to integrate the iPhone.

Andy at AncoAuto will be able to help! I just got the necessary parts to hook my phone up to my '06 with NAV. IIRC, the '05 is somehow different. This is my iPod but it works for the phone. This docking station doesn't charge; that lead is in the console storage. The phone does NOT work through the speakers, but using the speaker works well. Don't pick up the phone and it's still hands-free.

Integrating Bluetooth is rather expensive; IIRC something on the order of $300+.

P3092488.jpg

P3092489.jpg

Damn thats really slick looking. And you really keep that center console clean, I have a heck of a time getting the dust out of the cracks around the edges. I have sent them an email regarding info, thanks for the heads up.

Thanks! I do my best to keep the inside clean. NO ONE eats in my car (well..... except me on occasion) and drinks MUST be monitored closely! Paint brushes make excellent dusters!

wish that bluetooth device was also available for android phones.
i installed a a female 3.5mm jack on my center console so i wouldnt have all these cables coming out of the sides of my dash but its still alittle annoying since its near my shifter and my car is stick,freakin cable gets all tangled an crap.

wish that bluetooth device was also available for android phones.

That specific device says it works with Android. There are plenty of others that do as well. Parrot has some that work both for music and phone calls.

Members online

No members online now.
Back