2003 LS V8 will not REV in Park or Neutral

BHolliman

New LVC Member
Reaction score
Recently purchased Lincoln, just got it back from Transmission shop for Torque converter issue. Noticed when I first got the car that it would not REV in N or P.
Acceleration is fine now when in gear, maybe a slight hesitation when first taking off. Is it normal for it not to allow any rise in RPM/no throttle response in N or P? No check engine light, only warning lights are ABS and Traction control is stuck off (have yet to see ABS codes)

There is a neutral/park limiter set to 2500 RPM. The electronic throttle response is also very slow when in park or neutral. Floor the pedal and wait and it will rise from idle to 2500.

The ABS codes are there. You are using a scan tool that won't pull them. Forscan (and windows) is probably the lowest cost and most functional one you can get. Any ABS failure knocks the traction control out too. Do you have just traction control, or do you have AdvanceTrac?

I am aware that the ABS Code turns off traction control, I should have worded it that I have not chased that issue yet, just the other issues...

Park or N it does not rev at all. Not Slow, Not even a little bit. Even when holding the pedal for a long period, no change in RPM's.

...Park or N it does not rev at all. Not Slow, Not even a little bit. Even when holding the pedal for a long period, no change in RPM's.

That's not normal, unless it is something that only applies to the early 03s.

Recently purchased Lincoln, just got it back from Transmission shop for Torque converter issue. Noticed when I first got the car that it would not REV in N or P.
Acceleration is fine now when in gear, maybe a slight hesitation when first taking off. Is it normal for it not to allow any rise in RPM/no throttle response in N or P? No check engine light, only warning lights are ABS and Traction control is stuck off (have yet to see ABS codes)

.....Well if you are looking for a new motor I have an 03 LS V8 (w/ premium package) been sitting in my driveway as frame rotted out (but motor and tranny still good) at this point I'd sell you the entire car (for parts) for $200 to get it out of my yard. Pics available if you'd like. Check engine light was on but only because of "check charging system" which after replacing alternator and battery told car could not pass state inspection for safety or emissions so I parked it I had already dumped THOUSANDS of dollars into that nightmare LS, but I haven't had the heart to bring to junkyard, tried posting as a "parts car" a few years back on craigslist (back when craigslist was popular) but no takers.

Members online

No members online now.
Back