2003 lincoln ls V8 shaking and vibrating need help

Kayce

New LVC Member
Reaction score
I have a 2003 lincoln ls v8 is shaking vibrating and makes a really loud roar sound coming from the center console area when i press the gas it also sound like a bearing that has no grease in it or around it im trying to find out because it only has 90k miles on it and i just bought it not to long ago

The LS has a 2 piece driveshaft with a center support bearing midway between the transmission and rear differential, (drive axle).

From your description... it sounds like that bearing is shot.

It's roughly $200-250 for the part... and roughly 2+ hours for the labor at an experienced shop.

The rear half of the exhaust has to be removed... along with the underbody shield. The rear coupler on the driveshaft is a balanced assembly... and the bolt collars have to go back into the same holes they came out of.

Plus....there are shims at the center bearing that need to go back in the same position they were in when the driveshaft is removed.

The driveshaft will have to be separated at the center bearing... and the driveshaft reassembled after the new bearring is pressed on the driveshaft.

IMG_20210425_220245165.jpg

Here's a pic of the part, and part number.

IMG_20210425_220456817.jpg
IMG_20210425_220456817.jpg

And a pic of the other side of the part.

I would not drive it anymore... until you get the bearing replaced... or you may do much worse damage.

Members online

Back