2003 lincoln Ls transmission

cubanocelso

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
Hi guys My car is having really hard shift in all forms of driving If I drive it in manual it's a bit soft.The 4th does not make the hard shift but it takes like a second to shift and no hard shift in reverce.

Searching the internet I found this that talks about calibrating the pcm someone has done this and to result. Harsh Shifts – 2003 Ford Thunderbird & Lincoln LS | ford.oemdtc.com

So far what has been done
New oil and filter
Improved valve body
Checked solenoids no news
Bore fixed
I have de P1000 code.

Thanks appreciate

How were the solenoid checked? Has the PCM been tested to see if it is putting out the correct current to the transmission solenoids?
P1000 just means that you have recently cleared codes or had the battery disconnected. It will clear after enough of the right drive cycles.

The solenoid have been checked by my of course is not guarantee there lol.
I checked Values of resistance and I test them with a 12 V power supply.
But I didn't test the PCM how can I test it?

You haven't checked the solenoids either then. The PCM would have given you a coil open/short code if there was an electrical problem with the solenoids. It's almost never an electrical problem. It's usually a sticking solenoid. That can't be detected electrically.

The PCM test is to use a diagnostic tool to command the PCM to supply a particular current (say 1.0 Amps) to each solenoid in turn. If the actual current you measure is different (usually less if there is a PCM fault), then you know the PCM has a problem.

You haven't checked the solenoids either then. The PCM would have given you a coil open/short code if there was an electrical problem with the solenoids. It's almost never an electrical problem. It's usually a sticking solenoid. That can't be detected electrically.

The PCM test is to use a diagnostic tool to command the PCM to supply a particular current (say 1.0 Amps) to each solenoid in turn. If the actual current you measure is different (usually less if there is a PCM fault), then you know the PCM has a problem.

Ok I understand but do a need any especial tool to check the current?
Thanks

Ok this going to sound crazy but I put my pcm in the Owen for 20 minutes at 180 F and fixed no hard shift no fail code look like I have some bad weld well some one know a place for get fix my pcm o will be better to get a new one.Thanks

oven?
What are you asking? Are you asking if it is better to buy a new PCM or to have yours repaired? New PCMs aren't available, AFAIK. If you have your existing PCM repaired, you can put it back in and start the car. If you replace your PCM with another one, you will need a good scan tool to marry your cluster and keys to your "new" PCM, or you will have to tow it to a dealer and pay them to do it. Otherwise, it won't start.
Lincoln LS ECM / ECU Repair & Return - SIA Electronics

Several on here have used it.
What do you mean by "Ok so do I have to get the pcm and key."?

If a get the pcm and the key from a donor should work with out programming?
No, you would also have to get the instrument cluster from the same donor.
Of course, then you would need to get the ignition lock cylinder from same donor if you want to be able to turn the key. What about the door and trunk and glove box locks?

If you do all this, it's very important that you don't power the car up with the PCM of one and the cluster of another. If you do, then you'll unmarry things. "New" cluster and new PCM must be in before powering up.

I should point out that I don't know of anyone trying to do it this way. It might be (don't know) that the PCM and cluster might notice that all the other electronic modules have changed at the same time and cry foul...

Members online

No members online now.
Back