2003 lincoln LS key code location

emanley

New LVC Member
Reaction score
just bought my LS and i don't know where the keyless code is located can anyone help me!!!!!!!!!:confused: :confused: :confused:

hey worked at a dealership for many years selling lincolns..... when the car is first checked in by the dealership there are two small white stickers that contain the code...... alot of dealers will stick them on the inside facing trunk hinge...... if not there they may not have stuck them on.... check for the white stickers with the 5 digit code on it with the manual ( if the cards not there)

The LS usually doesnt have the stickers on them. You will have to take the car to the dealer and they will get the code for you. Or you can take the drivers door panal off and look on the drivers door module sometimes its printed on there.

Otherwise the dealer can retrieve the code from the drivers door module. We usually charge a half our labor to do that, around 50 bucks.

The notion that the code is posted somewhere in the car is a myth. I've been studying the LS since its introduction in 2000, and I've never heard of anyone ever finding the code on the trunk hinge or elsewhere in the vehicle. Unless you have the blue and white plastic card that has the pre-set factory code, you'll have to have the dealer retrieve it for you electronically.

I too bought one Ford Five Hundred (2006) and one Lincoln LS (2003). In both user manuals they tell you the factory code is available in three locations. A) The card that comes with the car when new. (We wouldn't be here if we had it) B) Through the dealer with a Ford Diagnostic tool. Some dealer maybe nice and do it for free, other have reported charges. If you bought it used at a Ford/Lincoln dealer I would ask them to use the tool and get it. The last option C) is that is printed on a label and adhered to the control module by the steering column under the dash.

I was able to remove one #10mm nut and lower the module enough to expose the complete label and using my cell phone camera in video mode get the factory five digit number that is printed on the top. Without removing the module entirely I can now open the doors and program a new user code.

This is not a super simply task, but it can and has been done.

Nine years ago. I'll bet he not still looking for the code...
The LS module with the door code inside is in the driver's door. The code is not on its label.

... Some dealer maybe nice and do it for free, ...

How to increase your odds of getting it read for free

Step 1. Always be polite

Step 2. Have a good rapport with the dealership

Step 3. Get service done, like an oil change

Step 4. Ask how much it would cost to have the code pulled

The problem is the diagnostic tool has a 10 minute wait period to reduce the ability to access PATS for theft purposes. If you ask them to get the code while the car is being serviced, then the tech can still work during the waiting period.

Just for next time someone digs up this thread...

the good news is that you wont get locked out after so many incorrect entry's... you could always try to guess it.

the good news is that you wont get locked out after so many incorrect entry's... you could always try to guess it.

Yeah, it's only 3,125 possible combinations. You can rule some out like 11111, 22222, 12345, etc and knock it down to 3,050 tops. Get some friends to join and make it a competition. At 3 seconds per entry, it'd only take 3 hours

Where can I find the keyless entry code at for this car?

other than the card with the code on it that you get when the car is new (and most owners take out and lose/hide) it is not written anywhere in/on the car. you will have to have the dealer scan the car and give it to you.

BTW ALWAYS have at least 2 key Fobs somewhere. You MUST HAVE TWO KEY Fobs if you need to make a new Fob. This realistically means you should have 3, in case you lose one, you still have two and can program a new fob yourself. I think this might also apply to keys, either that or I am mixing the two. Either way have at least two of each. It's in the manual if you want to be sure my mad cow hasn't caught up with me.

If you only have one fob you cannot buy an eBay key and program it, about $20 a few years back. The dealer must program the new key fob if you only have one.

Dealer charges about $100 for a new fob program if I recall.

And I also went thru the "where is the code" exercise a few years back. No Joy. I looked the usual mentioned places including the computer module in behind the glove box. I did not look in the door nor under the steering(never heard that one before). Dealer charges another $100 for that treat. I do almost all my own repairs so I suppose the dealer was getting whatever $ out of me he could. This only takes the time it takes to plug in the diagnostic tool and read the code, shouldn't cost so much, so some dealers may be easier on you.

Good Luck,

Jim Henderson

BTW ALWAYS have at least 2 key Fobs somewhere. You MUST HAVE TWO KEY Fobs if you need to make a new Fob. This realistically means you should have 3, in case you lose one, you still have two and can program a new fob yourself. I think this might also apply to keys, either that or I am mixing the two. Either way have at least two of each. It's in the manual if you want to be sure my mad cow hasn't caught up with me....

Okay, I guess it's time for this one again.

Gen I key fobs (remotes) - Only the dealer can program one in. It doesn't matter if you have one, two, three, or four.

Gen II key fobs (remotes) - You can program these in yourself. It doesn't matter if you have any working ones or not, you can program a new one in. (You have to program in all the old ones that you want to still work at the same time as the new one.)

Keys (either gen I or gen II) - You must have two working, non-cloned, keys to be able at program in any new keys. This does mean that you should have three working keys at any one time. That way if you lose one, you can add another yourself.

Members online

No members online now.
Back