2003 Lincoln LS HID Upgrade Questions

03AspenGreenLS

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
Hello Everyone,

I have looked over several of the previous HID upgrade threads, and I am still a little confused on what I should do.

Does anyone have any suggestions on a fairly priced HID Kit for Low Beams, and Fogs?

Also, correct me if I am wrong, but The 2003 LS requires a H11-55W bulb for the Low Beams, and a 9145 for the Fog Lamps?

I am just trying to find the best value here, while still getting a quality setup.

I upgraded my 2003 V-8 Sport to the factory HID setup. I HIGHLY recommend it!!! They just plug and play with a small modification to the headlight plug. You must shave off one alignment ridge but the electrical pins are exactly the same. Been running them almost 2 years now and will NEVER own a car without HID's again! Much better than the half assed after market wanna be HID's. The factory headlamps seem to be hard to find on Ebay right now? I paid about $350 for the set and sold my Halogens for about $140. The proper reflector design is KEY to getting the best light output and pattern.

I upgraded my 2003 V-8 Sport to the factory HID setup. I HIGHLY recommend it!!! They just plug and play with a small modification to the headlight plug. You must shave off one alignment ridge but the electrical pins are exactly the same. Been running them almost 2 years now and will NEVER own a car without HID's again! Much better than the half assed after market wanna be HID's. The factory headlamps seem to be hard to find on Ebay right now? I paid about $350 for the set and sold my Halogens for about $140. The proper reflector design is KEY to getting the best light output and pattern.
+1 on every thing said above. Except I have not sold my stock headlights yet.

Hello Everyone,

I have looked over several of the previous HID upgrade threads, and I am still a little confused on what I should do.

Does anyone have any suggestions on a fairly priced HID Kit for Low Beams, and Fogs?

Also, correct me if I am wrong, but The 2003 LS requires a H11-55W bulb for the Low Beams, and a 9145 for the Fog Lamps?

I am just trying to find the best value here, while still getting a quality setup.

Then finding a set of factory lamps is your best bet. As mentioned above, "...proper reflector design is KEY to getting the best light output and pattern," and the stock halogen housings don't have it when considering HID. Any HID retrofit kit will result in broad-spread light dispersion that will improve your vision slightly, but annoy the he11 out of oncoming drivers.

Andy

(... and no, you may not have mine!) :)

Thanks for all the help guys! But as clubairth said, I have seen very few LS Factory HID's posted on Ebay latley, I have only had the car a couple of weeks, and I have seen 2 factory lights posted on ebay, and both where for the left side. The one that is on there currently has a hole busted in the plastic also.

Thanks for all the help guys! But as clubairth said, I have seen very few LS Factory HID's posted on Ebay latley, I have only had the car a couple of weeks, and I have seen 2 factory lights posted on ebay, and both where for the left side. The one that is on there currently has a hole busted in the plastic also.

Just wait for them to come up, because they will. You may have to get driver and passenger in separate auctions, but the wait will be worth it. I'm very pleased I upgraded to OEM HID's, and agree with everything said above. Sticking an HID kit in reflector housings not designed for the lumen output associated with HID will never provide good results (not to mention retrofits are illegal).

I was going to quote another thread on cost: Left leg and right arm. They weren't too far off were they?

I just called a local dealership, the HID Headlamps from Ford are $798.10 a piece. So $1691.97 for the set after taxes.
That's the retail price and dealers ALWAYS quote the retail price. I can sell them brand new for $631 each plus shipping.

Last edited by a moderator:
Team Ford has them listed for $426.99 each. Is this listing for the empty assembly only with no balast or "bulb"?? If not why the large discrepancy in price ??

Team Ford has them listed for $426.99 each. Is this listing for the empty assembly only with no balast or "bulb"?? If not why the large discrepancy in price ??

The price that I had quoted from the local Ford Dealership was for the entire setup (Headlamps, Bulbs, Balasts). And from what I have seen the bulbs and ballasts are not cheap. So that is why I think there is such a gap in price. I am thrilled that I was able to find that "Complete" set on ebay for $510 shipped.

Great find! I think you will be very happy! I thought the stock Halogens were actually pretty good. But man what a change with the HIDS!! I still keep waiting for oncoming cars to flash me for driving with my brights on!

FYI... Bill from Team Ford has confirmed that the lights come complete with all bulbs and ballasts.

Still at $854 + shipping for the pair those things are not cheap.

Update:

Hey Guys! I got those factory HID's that I bought on ebay installed, sorry it has taken so long to get pictures. I've had them on for a couple of months now and I really love them! Sorry for the quality, but I only had my camera phone on me when I finally remembered to snap some pictures.

0827081924b.jpg

0827081923.jpg

Last edited:
Wow!! The color of your car is fantastic!!!!!

Members online

No members online now.
Back