2003 Lincoln aviator cylinder heads

91 LSC SE

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
saw these being offered while searching for M8 parts.
ad stated " Cylinder heads of a 2003 Lincoln aviator. Will fit 93 Lincoln mark and 1999 mustang boss"

Would these be an improvement to the stock heads? and if so, how much? They are asking $650 CAD. I would think getting the stock heads potted and polished would be the way to go, although costing much more.

Those are C heads and will fit on your engine but all the intake would have to be changed to C intake. You can't JUST put them on your engine. You have B heads.

saw these being offered while searching for M8 parts.
ad stated " Cylinder heads of a 2003 Lincoln aviator. Will fit 93 Lincoln mark and 1999 mustang boss"

Would these be an improvement to the stock heads? and if so, how much? They are asking $650 CAD. I would think getting the stock heads potted and polished would be the way to go, although costing much more.
Use your own cylinder heads and avoid "fitting" problems .

How would one keep the cylinder heads yet swap heads... confused.

Anyway, just swap the whole engine. Cheaper and quicker probably. If you swap heads, you will have to swap exhaust manifolds, which usually means a change in steering shaft. And that modern engine will be COP, not wires and packs. But you can convert the wiring to COP, its not hard. And for the return fuel system of the Mark, you may have to get creative a little (but not hard). For an intake, the 2001 Mach intake works well but a Cobra intake will do just fine too. Whatever one can find.

The nice thing about the Aviator block is how easy it is to change the fuel filter! Just reach in and swap. I would know as I swapped an Aviator engine into the 96 Mark I had.

Thanks everyone for all the great feedback. I checked the specs on the 2003 Aviator and it only has 12 hp more (302) and 10 ft-lbs more of torque (300) than a stock 98 LSC.
Not worth swapping heads or the complete engine, for such small gains.

You would not use the Avi intake that is made for a truck use. (more torque) you would use a mustang cobra intake on it and Ford rated that engine @ 320 hp 317 tq.

also peak hp numbers are for bench racers.
c heads provides noticeable gains below the entire curve.
add in the usual bolt ons and the gains get even better.

Correction, you would not use the Avi intake cause it would not fit at all. But its a sought after intake, it has dual runners and IMRCs. Its a very good, very nice intake. I sold mine for $600 back in the day, way more than the Cobra/Mach intakes sold for. Today, I am sure they are worth a lot less.

Members online

No members online now.
Back