2002 V6 Engine Air Bleed

natlight

New LVC Member
Reaction score
2002 V6 Engine Air Bleed

Anyone know where I can get a new engine air bleed? The base of mine melted/ broke into pieces when the thermostat crapped out and I need to replace it. The housing is fine, I just need the plug. I have searched everywhere for the part number for the plug, housing and hose but no luck.

Has anyone got this part from the dealer or auto parts store?
Anyone make their own replacement part? It looks do-able but not sure what I would be risking making my own.

I have read a couple other posts that recommended contacting "Max" to help find one but there were no links etc to Max. Not sure if this is a person or a store but if anyone has contact info please let me know.

Max has retired but I commend you for searching first. Now back to your question. The dealer would be my guess. Unless you find a salvage car from which to obtain one.

You have to buy the next higher assembly, if you want new, which is the entire upper radiator hose assembly, including thermostat housing and 5 hoses, along with the manifold that the bleed screw screws into, which comes with a new screw.

You have to buy the next higher assembly, if you want new, which is the entire upper radiator hose assembly, including thermostat housing and 5 hoses, along with the manifold that the bleed screw screws into, which comes with a new screw.

+1 dealer told me the same thing

Thanks!

Thanks for all the help guys! I ended up buying the whole assembly. Wish I would have known they sold it before I did the first repair! Oh well, I needed to change the hoses out anyway.

Fordparts.com wanted $300. I found a few dealers selling them on ebay for 185 with free shipping. New one should be here soon.

Members online

Back