2002 sports fans and stubburn egr

smegun

Well-Known LVC Member
Reaction score
ive been heating and running pblaster on the threads but my egr is stuck on the tube ...to do the manifold gasket job the little bitty has to come off ...im looking for more detail ...like ive backed the manifold in the area with aluminum foil for torch heat overshoots and been patient over the last few days to let it soak in and repeating I even think I have the right direction to un screw (from drivers side twards the drivers side ) and I got a big 1 & 1/4 wrench fits perf but its just flexing and I don't want to break my manifold ...any suggestions advise on removal tech?? …. ive tested the egr with a mini vac pump and it holds air but im skeptical of how much spring tension doesn't seem to take much vac (sounds like a pickle lid vacuum when released im expecting a clap ) also im questioning the egr solenoid as letting her back down under low rpms i heard there is a little foamy inside them that gets clogged but not certain ….I am having some intermittent cruzing problems at lower rpms like im loosing compression and it wont do the smooth Lincoln thing all the time from get go its intermittent i guess ...so im into the manifold job egr job and solenoid job hoping its not a slapped bearing hey this is important there is no support for the tube or the bracket assembly on the 2002 sport :confused::cool:

Do you have an EGR code?
If not why are you messing with it?

Members online

No members online now.
Back