2002 Lincoln LSV8 "Blend Door" or DCCV?

Having the same issues ...the "mechanic" was telling that there is a way to test it but he said there was equipment needed that he didnt even have so not sure what kind of test is needed but it was pages and pages ...thinking about just seeing if ford lincoln dealership will check it out or is that a bad idea?

You can run the self test from the DATC front panel (search this forum for gen I instructions), or from Forscan.
Please note that only electrical problems with the DCCV will show up. Mechanical problems such as a clogged DCCV or an airlocked heater circuit will not show up.
No heat problems are usually because of cooling system problems (micro cracks in the plastic parts or gunk in the cooling system).

I have an '03 LS with a similar problem. The AC blows cold but only if I set it to 65 degrees. One notch up and it starts blowing warm. I haven't thought to mess with the dual climate control to see how it's blowing on the passenger side. I did notice today that when set above 65 it still seemed to blow cooler on the left most driver side vent on the dash, while blowing warm out of the center vents.

I'm wondering why it blows cold at 65 but starts getting warmer above that. I would think that if something is broken it wouldn't blow cold at any setting.

Any thoughts on how I can further diagnose this issue?

Thanks.

Well, it's almost always the DCCV! For your specific symptom, you might also check the cabin air temperature sensor, the evap temperature sensor, and the left and right discharge temperature sensors.

Well, it's almost always the DCCV! For your specific symptom, you might also check the cabin air temperature sensor, the evap temperature sensor, and the left and right discharge temperature sensors.

Thanks for the reply! Which one would you check first? (which is easiest?) Also, if it's not too much trouble, could you please point me to a good guide(s)?

Members online

Back