2002 Lincoln LSE 3.9L v8 hydraulic actuator for the hydraulic fan

Fast Rick

New LVC Member
Reaction score
Hello Lincoln world I am try to find a hydraulic actuator for my 2002 LSE 3.9v8. The ford dealer said it is obsolete
try the Jaguar dealer they don’t know what I am talk about. Help

It's a pretty bad setup. Maybe consider swapping to the 2003 and up electric cooling fan assembly? Search and you can find what it takes to swap it out. Big job but you will be fighting the hydraulic setup forever otherwise.

Hello Lincoln world I am try to find a hydraulic actuator for my 2002 LSE 3.9v8. The ford dealer said it is obsolete
I have an extra one ...PM me and I can get it shipped to you

Or you can take yours out and try to clean it with MAF cleaner and Carb cleaner ...it works ...been there done that

I just had issues with my pump leaking and found it costly to fix not that but a major pain my backside . Believe it or not . It was 10 times less and easier to just pull the crap out and get a after market cooling fan. I spent a little over 125 bucks for everything and just under a day's work and it's doing fine. The fan I got was a 1/4 inch bigger then stock and I did a little bit tuck and pulled the junk fan from the shroud and placed it over the new fan and now I'm looking for a way to make the pump pull work as is but still it's much nicer to have to not look at a puddle of money on the ground under my car every day .

I have an extra one ...PM me and I can get it shipped to you
Ok so that is good know how can I
get in touch with you and how much wil it cost me . I am in south carolina. I do need this” hydraulic actuator ”. and understand it difficult to replace. I’m willing do it . Here is my email you can send me the information, and I send you my shipping info. And
thanks in advance for your help.

rspann59@me.com or call at 803 467 5638

Fast Rick

It's a pretty bad setup. Maybe consider swapping to the 2003 and up electric cooling fan assembly? Search and you can find what it takes to swap it out. Big job but you will be fighting the hydraulic setup forever otherwise.
Well l understand this but this is a 02 and this the first time
it gave any problem with it. it don leak or any thing fan not
speeding when idlin. Thanks for the infor

Well I hope you the best and you don't have problems with it. How ever. Electric fan has preformed perfect. My temp is still up to half way and as for the pump and keeping the pulley ....we'll here is what I did ( very stupid on my part ) but I left the pulley and pump just deleted the hoses and here I am a week later replacing the belt that came off not break but come off because the pulley gave in and come off so I was reading a post on here that you just take the pump off all together and run a smaller belt . So I did just that I removed the pump and the normal belt that go's on the car is 105 inches ran around the correct way but I bought a belt that is 100 inches and ran it the same way only no fan pump it's been working great so far and I do believe it will for a long time. I'll see if I can find the post I read it from and get you the part number for the belt I'd say just give it a try you may just do the same thing and be fine with it.

Ok so that is good know how can I
get in touch with you and how much wil it cost me . I am in south carolina. I do need this” hydraulic actuator ”. and understand it difficult to replace. I’m willing do it . Here is my email you can send me the information, and I send you my shipping info. And
thanks in advance for your help.

rspann59@me.com or call at 803 467 5638

Fast Rick
Its actually not that bad to remove go from the bottom ...if you have a V6 go from the top but a 3.9 is easier if you work from the bottom ...remember to flush all the Mercon V out of the entire system and refill with fresh clean Transmission fluid also remember on the 1st Gens the AC must be properly charged in order for your fan to go on high speed when you have the defrost or AC turned on ...if you have any questions about removing it let me know ..

Well l understand this but this is a 02 and this the first time
it gave any problem with it. it don leak or any thing fan not
speeding when idlin. Thanks for the infor
Also you can bench test the actuator with a 12v battery if you hear it click when power is hooked up it's working properly

...also remember on the 1st Gens the AC must be properly charged in order for your fan to go on high speed when you have the defrost or AC turned on ...
This is true for both generations. Fan speed in both cases is based on engine temperature and the high-side AC pressure. Even correctly charged, if the AC demand is low (not very hot outside), then the pressure will not be very high and the fan will not be commanded to a very high speed.

Members online

No members online now.
Back