2002 Lincoln LS: Wont start wet plugs

jumbo

New LVC Member
Reaction score
I am having a problem with my ls. I decided to replace the bad pcv valve on the lincoln. I have done the valve cover gaskets in the past and had no problems. After replacing the pcv valve and reassembling everything car won't start. I checked at the connections at first and could not find any problems. I decided the COP might be bad. I ordered and replaced all 6 on the 2002 3.0 v6. The car cranks and almost catches but will not run. Battery is fully charged and the car ran great before it wouldn't start in my garage. The PATS is not the problem to my knowledge the red light on dash turns on and then turns off. I don't have a code reader. I have used this sites wealth of knowledge in the past but i can't seam to figure out whats wrong with my car. If anyone has had this problem in the past your help will be appreciated. I am going to be putting on new upper and lower intake gaskets tonight. I am thinking a vacuum leak but i thought the gaskets were reusable. I feel it is something electrical and i hope its not the pcm.

I should also say i checked all fuses and I have fuel pressure to fuel rail.

... I am thinking a vacuum leak but i thought the gaskets were reusable....

Unplug the MAF sensor and see if it can then start and run (although poorly). If so, it probably is a big air leak. Note that you may also need to go into clear flood mode (floor the gas pedal while cranking).

Unplug the MAF sensor and see if it can then start and run (although poorly). If so, it probably is a big air leak. Note that you may also need to go into clear flood mode (floor the gas pedal while cranking).

Thank you for the reply. I have tried to start it with the MAF sensor unplugged. It still wont start. I have tired the clear flood mode with no luck as well. I have read and tried everything on the internet i could find. I should probably look into a expensive code reader since it needs to read codes with it is not running. I have left the plugs out over night and left the battery cable off to clear computer and still no luck. I am very mechanical inclined but this has left me stumped for weeks. Also replaced the IACV. It should start i am thinking the computer is causing it not to start. It will pop on a few cylinders but will not run. It will almost will start and then it floods it self out. I am going to put new plugs in it tonight as well.

How about the cam sensor?

A COP are attached and i have an extra pig tail if i need it. ;) Cam sensor on the front of the engine drivers side is also attached. I have checked everything electrical for resistance and everything checked out.

I believe that the previous owner by passed the pcv valve causing valve covers to fail. There was a plastic plug in the intake. I replaced the valve covers twice before i went in search of the clogged pcv valve which was causing them to over pressurize and blow out. Now that i fix this problem with the pcv valve. I believe I sucked a bunch of nasty sludge into my intake and then it covered my plugs causing it not to run. My plugs are covered in black and they only had 200 miles on them. I just got back from the parts store. I almost bought an scan tool. I am going to start replacing the intake gasket and plugs now. I will update the post if i can get it to run.

I installed all new intake gaskets and plugs. I reconnected the battery. Unlocked and locked and unlocked the doors. Jumping in the LS and it fired right up. Thank you for the help. I also swapped out the PCM relay with a new one just incase that was the problem.

Glad to see you are up and running again.

Quick question what's is the unlock lock sequence for?

Members online

No members online now.
Back