2002 Lincoln ls v8, mods?

Lsmyfirstcar

New LVC Member
Reaction score
New to the forums, bought my first car, a 2002 ls v8! Already installed a CAI any other recommended mods? Considering a body kit, and if anybody is selling some nice headlights (angel eyes preferred) hmu please!

Off the top of my head (and what I've done to my 06) :

Flash ECU w/ tune
LED swap (interior, puddle, reverse, license, etc.)
Eyelids
LVC decals
SS brake lines
Slotted and/or drilled rotors
Spoiler
Exhaust tips

Off the top of my head (and what I've done to my 06) :

Flash ECU w/ tune
LED swap (interior, puddle, reverse, license, etc.)
Eyelids
LVC decals
SS brake lines
Slotted and/or drilled rotors
Spoiler
Exhaust tips

What would you price the led swap at?

Will have to dig for my old receipts, but I think mine were a little pricier since I opted to buy them from VLEDs.com

Already installed a CAI

I would bet you did not install a CAI. Is it the one on eBay for about $90 with silicone elbows? That's a borderline HAI. You need a heat shield for it to resemble a CAI, or get more parts and run the pipe down into the opening into the bumper

I would bet you did not install a CAI. Is it the one on eBay for about $90 with silicone elbows? That's a borderline HAI. You need a heat shield for it to resemble a CAI, or get more parts and run the pipe down into the opening into the bumper

My bad, not a full Cai just the kkm filter. Haven't gotten to the full Cai yet, just requested a heat shield from hite

New guy, asks about mods in first post, but quickly takes advice? I guess there's hope for you after all.

Just don't be disappointed when an intake, exhaust, and tune can net you 40hp and sticky tires will improve handling, but anything past that will take several thousand dollars, a few years, a lot of dead ends, and leave you with a marginally reliable car.

The high compression ratio, nonexistent aftermarket, and finicky electronics give the boot to most performance dreams. Yes, there was a supercharged V8. Yes, there were a couple of turbos. Yes, there have been engine swaps. The boosted 3.9s were modified by very experienced people and took a lot of money and fabrication. The LS-swapped LS has dozens of electrical problems and many disabled (nonfunctioning) features. The pushrod 302/5.0 swap lacks details, but supposedly works (worked?) very well.

Is sarcasm common on here?

almost as common as the rate at which dreams get crushed when people see that there is literally next to no aftermarket support for this car. (which pretty much means that nothing can be bought, it always has to be built)

It's my bliss to find out about from your helpful software with one of these tips. And that is amazing will take note of all of the files right.Excellent writeup. With any luck , this kind of space online marketers results america newer content down the line.Following your comfortable put out for The spring, the particular chairman with the World wide Association regarding House Business owners is starting to vacation at tough subsequently after angel stock traders making plans for investment room or space venturesSound like a perfect opportunity often the IASE! however a wonderfully drafted article! To assure that have glen7565, businessmen ought to be advised Usually they will likely disheartenment.the things would you mean get back?in fact neat Suggestion. I got a little upset to ascertain the access IASE online site was first hurt. Simply this valuable business remains to be working! There is learning this unique come with, nevertheless this is informative. i am just unveiled that has Room Entrepreneurship Group of people Flows BatonReally superb print obviously!I have discovered gazing at this kind of function that it is interesting come with.

Rt

I don't know if that is just bad English or if it is just good enough English from Syria?

I even tried to run that through google translator and I still have no idea when they are talking about.

Is sarcasm common on here?

Yes. Don't take it personally. We can be a salty, discouraging bunch because even in the 2 short years I've been here, I feel like I've already seen it all (except a live thread about boosting). I also tend to be very straightforward. When I said there's hope for you, I did mean it, though. I could find a dozen threads easily where someone asks about mods in their first 5 posts, claims it's been done, can be done, will be done, but never actually gets done because they hit a dead end very soon, with most ending by selling their LS.

There are also dozens of threads covering whatever topic you're asking about, 95% of the time, but they can be hard to find. Google with "site:lincolnvscadillac.com" is your friend, not the on-site searchbar.

The LS is a fun car. It surprises people. But beyond a few tweaks, there's not much you can do to it easily/quickly/cheaply to bump it up to the next class, so to speak. But we DO love seeing people actually move outside the box and accomplish something. It just rarely happens. Join the LS Enthusiast Facebook page, if you have it, and you'll see the average LS owners talking about pipe dream mods, plastidip, wheels, and the weekly reposting of the LS powered LS as "proof" anything can be done.... but leave out the part where it takes 5-digit deposits on parts and labor.

Private message? It happens. They're also intentionally poorly written because only someone who would fully buy into the scam would fall for a message so poorly written. A smart person could get convinced by a well written email, but quickly see it's a scam once the details are given (pyramid schemes, Cutco/Vector, even Mary Kay). Why waste your scamming efforts on bad leads when you can just write it poorly and only get responses from someone stupid/unknowing enough to pull it off.

I don't know if that is just bad English or if it is just good enough English from Syria?

I even tried to run that through google translator and I still have no idea when they are talking about.

I just saw "Kennethjaw" wrote almost the same thing as "Kennethtup" in a zombied 2010 thread. 'jaw is listed as being from Uruguay, so I guess it's from Spanish. That post doesn't seem like soliciting though, more like praising the keyword-rich post and all the hard work put into the thread... a thread in which someone asks about caliper clearance. These are new to me, so I guess I haven't seen everything yet

that might have been the quickest Ive ever seen a spammer taken care of!

Bump, anybody know the price to get inside of my headlights painted? Figure to do it when I install my angel eyes

if your doing it yourself, it shouldn't cost more that $10-$20 to get a good rattle job.

if you're talking about having it painted, then it really going to depend of whats around you. I've paid between $50-$100 to have other small parts painted for me. also going to depend on exactly what you want painted, and what kind of paint..

I notice that, up above, it's suggested that such things as a cold air system and exhaust will provide a meaningful raise in power.

My experience is in this wise:
When I first went to Maxton to observe ECTA racing, I got hooked and made a couple of passes. By the time I went back a month later, I'd installed an intake pipe and filter and a complete Magnaflow cat-back system. I also had done a basic SCT flash---primarily focusing on transmission shift points and line pressure. Those three items made NO difference in my one-mile top speed---therefore it's safe to say there'd been no HP increase.

I also went on to make a number of other additions including, ultimately, an NX set-up that I run with methanol. By the time I'd added a hundred plus HP with the 'spray', the exhaust and air intake pipe may well have been doing some good. But on an otherwise-stock engine they do NOTHING but improve the sound. I have the time slips to show it.

Explore further by reading 'Land Speed LS' in the HP section.

KS

Members online

No members online now.
Back