2002 Lincoln ls v8 and 2005 Lincoln v6

Dannyboy

LVC Member
Reaction score
Hey I'm new here :) so I have a 2002 Lincoln v8 that's mine and a 2005 v6 that I'm working on. I have a couple questions .. I wanted to put a cone intake filter on the 2005 on the stock intake tube ? What size would that be ?.. Also are the eBay coils any good ? They're a lot cheaper but not sure if it's worth buy. So far on my 2002. I've also changed the Coolent reservoir and flushed out the transmission fluid from the hydrolic fan because it was overheating . It doesn't over heat anymore .. But it seems that the fan isn't running like it's supposed to ? But idk how to tell. ... ?

I wanted to put a cone intake filter on the 2005 on the stock intake tube ? What size would that be ?

The size will depend on the MAF adapter. I think the eBay kit comes with a 3.5" MAF adapter and a 3.5">4" silicone pipe adapter

Also are the eBay coils any good ? They're a lot cheaper but not sure if it's worth buy.

No. Of course, some people will eventually chime in about how they've been running for months with crap aftermarket just fine. Most have poor experiences. I would think more people have sold their LS specifically over cheap coils than those who have had good experiences

It doesn't over heat anymore .. But it seems that the fan isn't running like it's supposed to ? But idk how to tell. ... ?

Overheat only when stopped: fan not running properly

Thank you :)! So I have to have the adapter to hook on the intake cone filter ? I've looked on eBay and I can't find one for the ls :(...

with 2nd gen, the MAF inserts into the piece that is the same piece as the top of the air box, so you need an adapter to clamp the filter onto and insert the OEM MAF sensor. the 1st gen was its own separate piece that could be unbolted from the air box and then you just bolt an adapter to it that fits a filter. either way you need an adapter of some sort.

Thanks :) I think I might just get the whole set then?... is there a cheaper eBay version ? I can't seem to find the 2005 v6 intake kit ? :/

There isn't one ? So there isn't an intake tube or a maf adapter for it :/???..

Members online

No members online now.
Back