2002 Lincoln LS V6 broken air line

Lincoln LS

1. Itzyaboy Jo

Itzyaboy Jo LVC Member

I recently purchased an 02 LS V6 and had the emissions system repaired and while removing the main air intake unit (the large black plastic unit in the immediate front of engine, don't know the specific technical name for it) there is a T-shaped connector/hose/airline coming off of the unit about dead center which connects to large openings on both sides off the upper engine near where the plugs are located. The passenger side portion broke completely off and now I'm getting P0174 and P0171 codes for Bank 1 & 2 (lean). The codes refer to PCV valve and hose, etc., but this piece is NOT the PCV hose. Does anyone know what this piece is called and where can I purchase it? It simply plugs directly into both sides of the engine and the air intake unit by snapping in, no tools are needed whatsoever, but I can't pass emissions without it. Thanks.

2. Itzyaboy Jo

Itzyaboy Jo LVC Member

IMG_20181213_185243.jpg IMG_20181213_185219.jpg IMG_20181213_185234.jpg

3. Itzyaboy Jo

Itzyaboy Jo LVC Member

The photos above are of the item in question. As you can see, the portion to the left is broken off and tape is on the end. (For what purpose I haven't a clue.)

4. joegr

joegr Dedicated LVC Member

Those codes do not actually refer to the PCV valve or system, but who ever read them out for you may have pointed out that problems with the PCV system (as well as several other things) could cause them. The tubes/hoses you are pointing to actually are a big part of the PCV system. Why do you say that it is not?

You can find it here: 2002 Lincoln LS Emission Control-Crankcase - Ford Parts Giant
    Specifically, I think you are talking about XW4Z-6758-BA
    22E09517DDC972CE3BF856B22CA81966C5051A7757666E77A471EDBA741D6EBEC0A70EFB8B51FC5358E583C00546EEA1.png

5. Itzyaboy Jo

Itzyaboy Jo LVC Member

Oh I'm aware that the piece is part of the system, just that it's not the PCV hose, at least as is shown online when you Google that particular part for this particular car. A motorcraft part comes up that is not this part at all. Thank you for your response because I couldn't find any reference to this part anywhere.

6. joegr

joegr Dedicated LVC Member

There isn't "a" PCV hose, there are multiple PCV tubes/hoses.

7. tireman

tireman Dedicated LVC Member

Do yourself a favor, replace those plastic lines, they crack from the heat, I got some 1/4 ID gas line and a copper "T" connector at lowes, replaced both right and left lines from the T. if you find those connectors on the valve cover please post them on this thread.