2002 Lincoln Ls speedometer issue

BHughes

New LVC Member
Reaction score
Hey guys I have a 2002 Lincoln Ls. The speedometer will stick at 60mph when I drive and only after being driven for a fairly good amount of time will it begin to work again. I have scanned it and the scanner reads the right speed so the wheel speed sensor still seem to be good. Do you have any ideas on what could be causing this problem? Any ideas help thanks

Maybe a bad cluster or a failing/sticking motor for the needle.

Thanks. Am I able to just replace the motor for the speedometer or would I have to replace the whole cluster?

Thanks. Am I able to just replace the motor for the speedometer or would I have to replace the whole cluster?

If you can do detailed electronics repair (including SMT soldering), then you may be able to just replace the servo motor. Otherwise, it's the whole cluster. If you do replace the cluster, you will need to "marry" the new cluster to the PCM. This requires an advanced scan tool or a trip to a dealer. Be sure to take all of your keys with you for this. If you don't have at least two keys, you will have to buy an extra one.

Members online

No members online now.
Back