2002 Lincoln LS hydraulic fan acuator replace...

TonyG1

New LVC Member
Reaction score
This is not a hard job once you know how the actuator is built, the actuator has a 2 wire plug attaches with a plastic clip, remove the plastic panel above the right lower control arm, 2 screws and one push plug which can be replaced with a ty-rap, now look up there and you will see the plug on top of the actuator, take a long screw driver and move the clip out from the plug and push up gently and the plug comes off, now take a #40 torx on a long (12 inch) 3/8 extension and ratchet and go between the 2 hoses and put the torx in the back of the actuator and break it loose and it turns in the front also so the plug is not a problem hitting anything, It turns within itself, so unscrew the actuator and have the other one ready to put in, (grease on the O-Rings)oil will come out but not much, pull it out and put the other one in and tighten it up, plug the plug on the top and you are good to go, check the oil in the reservoir turn the air on and you will have HIGH fan...OH, do this from the bottom of the car....it's very important to understand how the actuator is built, you can hold the plug and turn the back and the threaded part on the front turns, that's why the plug is not a problem, ...just do it....:)

Last edited by a moderator:
what exactly what your car doing that you had to do that. I cleaned my reservoir after taking it off, noticed one line was sucking fluid down slowly and the other one shooting it back up. pump seems to be working. the fan spins fine. it only gets hot when I turn on ac and I get no high speed fan anymore.

Members online

No members online now.
Back