2002 Lincoln Continental "Collectors Edition"

k9t8m

Rollin' Twankies
Reaction score
I found this in the local trader paper:

2002 LINCOLN Continental. Collector's edition. Fully equipped. 57,000 mi. EC. Moonroof. Michelin tires. $8500. 309/343-0967 Galesburg. 8/21.
137175.jpg

It looks like its got a woodgrain steering wheel.

I wish I could find out some more info.

EDIT: Found ALOT more info here http://www.theautochannel.com/news/2002/04/05/038330.html

038330.1.jpg

IRVINE, Calif., April 3, 2002 –Lincoln enthusiasts can now order a piece of American history: the 2002 Lincoln Continental Collector's Edition.

"Although we've announced that the current model Continental will be discontinued this summer – at least for now – this special edition builds on the storied tradition of the vehicle, highlighting the Continental's stylish appearance, comfort and luxury," said Rick Brisson, Continental Brand Manager.

While the Continental takes its bow, Lincoln is introducing a series of new products in 2002 that will essentially transform its retail showrooms. Among the new vehicles slated for introduction throughout the year are the redesigned Navigator, the just-introduced Aviator SUV, a freshened LS sports sedan and a redesigned Town Car. In addition, Lincoln continues to offer the segment-breaking Blackwood.

Approximately 2,000 commemorative Collector's Edition nameplates are being planned for production. The vehicle is scheduled to arrive in dealer showrooms this week..

The Collector’s Edition Continental includes the following key features:

Genuine Walnut Burl steering wheel, instrument panel and side door trim with “CE” logo Preferred Suede seat inserts with Milled Pebble leather bolsters Driver's seat belt system 10-spoke chrome wheels Platinum painted grille Five passenger seating configuration CE logo on exterior bodyside and inscribed on floormats New Shiva Carpet

The Continental Collector's Edition is offered with the current exterior color palette but in addition, customers may opt for charcoal gray, a color never before offered on Continental. Interior color options include light graphite and medium parchment.

“This special Continental is sure to appeal to the Continental aficionado and collector alike,” said Brisson.

The Continental Collector's Edition is offered at the starting price of $41,120 MSRP.

The 2002 Lincoln Continental

The Collector's Edition is based on the 2002 Continental, which comes equipped with the following features, advanced technology and elegant accents.

Design and Packaging

The Lincoln Continental’s design incorporates classic details including the waterfall grille and the Lincoln star hood emblem. In a full size package, Lincoln Continental delivers advanced technology coupled with an exceptionally comfortable environment. The passenger area seats up to five adults comfortably. The driver and front passenger seats are enabled with eight-way power adjustments, two-way power lumbar and two-way adjustable headrests. Other luxuries include lush floor carpet with driver’s footrest, theater dimming interior lights, lighted vanity mirrors on sun visors, overhead console with courtesy lights, tissue bin and sunglass storage. Also available is the Continental No-Charge Select package that includes a moonroof, six-disc CD changer and Alpine audio system.

Powertrain

The 2002 Continental features a 4.6L DOHC 32-valve V-8 engine that delivers 275 horsepower at 5750 rpm and 275 lb. ft. of torque at 4750 rpm. With a four-speed automatic overdrive transaxle, the Continental determines the optimum shift points for a smooth ride and efficient fuel economy.

Handling

Marrying Continental’s front wheel drive with independent front suspension allows for a smoother ride and greater control by independently absorbing road imperfections. Adding to the features, the electronic All-Speed Traction Control automatically detects drive-wheel spin and limits the engine torque to help maintain steering control and stability on slippery surfaces.

Kinda neat to read about other lincoln's sometimes.

I know this is in the wrong area, im jut trying to spread the knowledge

friggin sweet. I'll have to add that to my list of cars to own down the road someday.

8500 is about 3000 over what its worth. It's hard to tell but those rims don't look like chrome. Plus anyone can throw a wood wheel in one, i did. You would have to see the seats to be sure about it, 2 tone. Paint does look like the right color.

I don't think that one on ebay is a true CE... there are no chrome bumper trim, and the seats aren't right. Plus I think there is more wood grain on the dash than on the normal models for the CE's. But man this makes me miss my Conti :( I've always wanted a CE in that charcoal gray.

That maroon one on ebay is a ce, wood wheel, chrome wheels, and the gay suede seat inserts. They should have kept the 2 tone leather.

i was gonna fly the bs flag on this, but seems legit. never heard of a CE conti

you know, vs the solid front axle conti........LMAO imagine that ride quality

CE conti is for real, not some dealer bull:q:q:q:q. True way to find a ce is the wood grain wheel, plus suede 2 tone seats (front and back), CE imprints in the outside door moldings (right behind the front wheels) and chrome rims. And the real rare metalic grey. I prefer the ivory parchment myself. Leather 2 tone was available on the luxury or limited packages, it also includes the wood wheel. Still looking for my 2 tone seats.

If you could fit a solid front axle in a front wheel drive car with that big ass v8 sideays in it, you sir deserve a budlight. Hell its so tight under the conti hood, if you pissed on the engine it would run out over the fenders.

If you could fit a solid front axle in a front wheel drive car with that big ass v8 sideays in it, you sir deserve a budlight. Hell its so tight under the conti hood, if you pissed on the engine it would run out over the fenders.

you can keep your pudlight lol
trust me i know ive done plenty of work on contis :(

ive done a steering rack on one. how about a "RH" (rear) exhaust manifold gasket :shifty: intake gaskets, valve cover gaskets etc, ive been there (hate my job)

Hell when my alternator goes, i'm just gonna scarp my car. No offense but your job must suck when you see a conti sitting their. Somewhere, some fat drunk guy is laughing his ass off, cause he designed the under hood layout for the conti

Members online

No members online now.
Back