2002 Hydraulic Fan Pump

Klorvinborno

New LVC Member
Reaction score
I've searched the archives and read the threads but haven't seen these questions answered, I apologize if they have been covered. (and yes I've read the electric conversion thread)

Some sites list the V6 pump and the V8 pump used interchangeably.

YW4Z8C628BA V8
YW4Z8C628AA V6

Are they the same part?

Are there any sources that sell this part new, rebuild it, or sell a rebuild kit?

Thanks!

The accessory drive is very different between the engines, so I would not expect to be able to swap them. But - it may work just fine!
I highly doubt there's any rebuild kits available.
Last I looked - years ago - Cardone and such had rebuilds. Rockauto is a good source to look.

As noted in other threads, the pump itself is seldom the problem assuming it hasn't been abused (fluid was maintained, didn't run dry, no water, etc...)

The accessory drive is very different between the engines, so I would not expect to be able to swap them. But - it may work just fine!
I highly doubt there's any rebuild kits available.
Last I looked - years ago - Cardone and such had rebuilds. Rockauto is a good source to look.

As noted in other threads, the pump itself is seldom the problem assuming it hasn't been abused (fluid was maintained, didn't run dry, no water, etc...)
No luck at Rockauto or Cardone, but thanks for the suggestion

Thus the general idea of using an electric pump. It's often said that it overloads the alternator but people seem to get by just fine while loading so much sound equipment into a car as to have to use helper springs to keep the bumper from dragging. (Sorry, mis-spoke. I, of course, meant an electric fan. (I hadn't had any coffee after a late night!)

KS

Last edited:
Electric pump?
Fan possibly?

Members online

Back