2002 fuel sensor and what does it do and what are the symptoms

smegun

Well-Known LVC Member
Reaction score
ive been told it tells the PCM and PCM tells the fuel pump when to operate as in returnless system ...but im searching for the reasons for poor resolution on the pedal and roughness which might be from poor fuel pressure what are the possible symptoms ??

..if I hit the gas there is often delay bog and or sputter in any range but it will finally get there delayed im left wondering if I hit 5 grand while kicking rocks or in my lumbar support worse trying to pass ….. kinda stupid when I bought the car I had to just touch the pedal and it was on !!! I knew it wasn't right but it was smooth so I thought id figure it out …. after 1k miles and a little techroline in a bottle and oil change there is low rpm roughness and im waiting on the lockup and fuel to level out but im not sure why its intermittent I mean I was on my way to ford to have a diagnostic telling the guy it ran bad but it ran like its supposed to on the way from stop to stop and power in front of mile of cars :/ ...he told me to come back later in the week after taking it for a long drive but it hasn't ran right since like its on the edge of reality

Do you mean the fuel pressure sensor?
Not sure what the fuel sensor is?

You can get the codes read at most parts places like AutoZone,Advance?
Make sure they erase all codes after reading them. You want any code to repeat before changing anything.

If the fuel pressure sensor is bad you will get a code.
Have you unplugged it? The car will go to a default static fuel pressure so the car will still run.
Plus it will set a check engine light as long as it's unplugged.

But you need to hook a pressure tester up to the fuel rail and check exactly what pressure you do have.
Has the fuel filter been changed?

OK good.What about the other things?
Codes are valuable.

Members online

No members online now.
Back