2002 Continental Limited??

FlaOkie

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
Svets96 –

My ’02 does have limited scripture on the seats, 6 disc cd changer, 16" spoke aluminum wheels, sunroof, but does not have the wood steering wheel.
(From what I’ve seen, with the personal appearance package you get the two tone seats and the wood steering wheel.)
Mine was a whole lot cleaner inside than chappyviii’s car, and the paint was in very good condition.
But it did have cracking in the drivers and passengers seats which I repaired.

The repairs came out good and are still holding up. I gave the carriage top a good Raggtop treatment. I haven’t done much else to it except change the oil and filter.
I don’t use it much but I’m trying to get a few miles on it to see if any thing acts up,
before I change the trans fluid and the coolant and radiator hoses.
When I got it it had 79950 miles – so far I’m up to 81064.
aaP7030003s_zpskmzhodfd.jpg

763917481_zps5re4fx7u.jpg

P9120005s_zpsjz09sfe9.jpg

Seats - before and after repairs
ds2_zpsphp0hymb.jpg

ds1_zpsfhlsgzl6.jpg

PA200003s_zpstcab16uc.jpg

PA220005s_zps9wfo6n2u.jpg

Prep for Raggtop
rt1_zpsbexc5lcl.jpg

Nice car, it's very pristine. You keep it very clean, glad to see that. As I read the description you gave back to me the car was probably a special order from either the dealer or the original owner. Typically Limited Edition models and Luxury Appearance Packaged models came with wooden wheels as you mentioned. Unless someone changed the steering wheels at one point. Which I highly doubt, either way great looking car.

Keep on the updates! We almost have the exact same mileage. I'm sitting at 79981.

I finally got around to getting the transmission fluid and filter changed today.
I don’t know how long the old fluid was in there, but it looked clean, and the inside of the pan was clean.
I should be good for a while, since the Conti is not my daily driver and sits in the garage.
Hopefully in next month or two I will get around to new radiator hoses and coolant.

Today, for the first time, I had 5 people in my ’02 Continental.
All 4 of my passengers remarked how roomy and comfortable it was.
The ride with the replacement rear coil Strutmasters/Eibach springs was as nice and smooth with a full load as it is with just one occupant.
I haven’t looked at or driven any new cars in quite awhile, but I doubt there are many that could compare to the comfort and ride of these old Contis.
The way I look at it is even if I did develop transmission problems, it would still be cheaper to put in a refurbished unit, and still have a car, that to me, is better in many respects than any new overpriced car and it’s payment book.
It may not be a Town Car as many would be quick to point out, but it is a damn nice automobile.

Members online

Back