2002-2004 3.9L swap question?!?!??

trevorbrunette

LVC Member
Reaction score
I have a 2002 Lse with a 3.9L v8. I got into an accident awhile back and damaged the from clip fairly bad. The motor and tranny are solid and work great. I'm looking at buying a 2004 Ls (also a 3.9) with a blown motor and swapping my 2002 Lse motor into the 2004 (rather then buying new bumper hood and fender and paying someone to paint it). Anyways my question is will the 2002 motor(3.9) bolt in the 2004 chassie? Also will the 2004 tranny bolt to the 2002 motor. I know the from 2003-2006 the 3.9s have VVT. I dont give a ****. I just want to know if my 2002 Lse motor will fit in the 2004 ls before I go buy out and buy this car! Thank you reading and if any one could answer my questions I would greatly appreciate it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

VVT is the least of your worries...

I believe the shorter list is what IS usable from the 04 body to the 02 motor...

all computers from the 02 (and anything the computers run...ie everything) will need to go too... for arguments sake...

VVT is the least of your worries...

I believe the shorter list is what IS usable from the 04 body to the 02 motor...

all computers from the 02 (and anything the computers run...ie everything) will need to go too... for arguments sake...

Okay i understand and yeah I want the car to run and drive! I love these this car! Thank you for answering!

Exactly. As long as you don't need it to actually work, you're good.

Okay cool thank you for responding! This leads me to my next question! Which is, if I wanted to motor swap my 2002 LS I'd need to find a 2000-2002? Correct?!

To clear that up, what they mean simply is pre 2003 gen 1 system is too different to trouble with. If you do what you are asking for on a gen 1, its all bolt and go like you are looking for. I was thinking about looking into beefing up a gen 1 to gen 2 status as an upgrade.... walking away from that!

To clear that up, what they mean simply is pre 2003 gen 1 system is too different to trouble with. If you do what you are asking for on a gen 1, its all bolt and go like you are looking for. I was thinking about looking into beefing up a gen 1 to gen 2 status as an upgrade.... walking away from that!

Cool! Well then I will look for a first gen body for this motor swap! Thanks for the info guys!

Members online

No members online now.
Back