2001 Taurus SES (FT)

BrianDye

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
Contact seller
2001 Taurus SES, 155,XXX miles, runs and drives FLAWLESSLY, no vibrations while driving, no pulling, no exhaust leaks, true dual exhaust, with straight welded tips coming out the back, tinted taillights, custom black headlights, keyless entry w/ remote start.

Just replaced all the dash lights, has the 100$ Scoshe dash kit w/wire harness already installed, tweeters up front, interior is IMMACULATE! No rips, spills, stains, or anything, looks like the car has 500 miles on it. GREAT on gas, also a flex fuel E85 vehicle. Its also pretty damn zippy for a car, would make a great first car, extra car, winter car, anything.

Car is deep red, with the charcoal cloth interior, power everything, power sunroof, very nice, roomy, and cheap to maintain car. The engine also looks GREAT, looks like it has 5000 miles on it.

Its also just had a recent tuneup, wires, plugs, battery, thermostat, coolant, trans fluid, and oil within the last 800 miles. Starts right up everytime with the first turn of the key.

I traded my black explorer for this car, and still have my 92 explorer, but thats not road worthy right now, and I just wanna sell that one too; but I miss driving it, and have since I started driving my black one, so id like to trade this car for another 1st gen Explorer, but I am kinda picky, I dont want much (if any) rust, low miles, preferably under 140k, and if over 130k, must have had a new/rebuilt trans, 4 door, and in overall good condition, id also prefer it to be leather! Thanks!

Im located in Newport, Michigan, 48166. PM me, or reply on here for ANY questions or interests!

SANY0339-1.gif

SANY0340-1.gif

(Had my LS rims on in the back in that pic to see if they fit)

SANY0347-1.gif

SANY0350-1.gif

Before
SANY0358-1.gif

After (It looks way better in person)
SANY0363-1.gif

Sorry I dont really have any "full shots" ill try and get some up in the next day or so

You just got that thing a week or so ago and according to your posts over on a Taurus site I am a member on. It had what appears to be water pump problems. Did you replace it? Is the heat working properly yet?

Let me get this straight. Last I recall, you were going to sell the '95 Explorer and sink it into the LS (specifically a trashed transmission that remains trashed). Since then, you traded it for this Taurus and now you're trading again for another Explorer or Ranger? And you've still got a '92 Explorer that's not roadworthy either now despite the fact it was your pride and joy (and DD) a few weeks ago?

You confuse the hell out of me kid.

Can you actually finish anything you've started? Seriously, I'd be suspicious of any car you buy because you don't seem to hold onto them for very long and from what I've seen and from what others have told me, you sell a car as soon as you find problems with it. What's wrong with the Taurus?

I say we start a pool to guess how many cars you'll buy/trade in the next month!

Didnt get the pump switched because a flush and tstat fixed the problem, so yea, theres nice HOT heat.

There are absolutely no problems with it, but none of my audio/video components will fit, and I really just miss having a 4 wheel drive SUV now.

I have the 92 explorer, which im not driving because it needs a rear brake line, and new wheel bearings and shocks up front. Im looking for another 1st gen thats in better shape COSMETICALLY and not an eddie bauer because my insurance was ridiculous on that.

There are absolutely no problems with it, but none of my audio/video components will fit, and I really just miss having a 4 wheel drive SUV now.

OK, but not long ago you were driving your "dream car" in the LS. Now it's still sick and you're devoting your time into anything but your LS. What's the latest on the transmission? You were talking about spending all this money on the Taurus that you no longer like and I'm willing to bet that you're going to sink a while pile of coin into an Explorer when you get one.

Why not just sell the Taurus and get the '92 AND the LS running properly? :confused:

OK, but not long ago you were driving your "dream car" in the LS. Now it's still sick and you're devoting your time into anything but your LS. What's the latest on the transmission? You were talking about spending all this money on the Taurus that you no longer like and I'm willing to bet that you're going to sink a while pile of coin into an Explorer when you get one.

Why not just sell the Taurus and get the '92 AND the LS running properly? :confused:

I'm a little confused too. Sounds like he regrets trading his explorer. +1 on the ls and 92' explorer.

I'm a little confused too. Sounds like he regrets trading his explorer. +1 on the ls and 92' explorer.

All one has to do his check his history (he posts on Taurus and Explorer sites under the same name, someone else on this site tipped me off to that). His biggest regret is buying a lemon of an LS with a bad transmission. Now it's mommy's problem because he'll probably spend all his money on his new truck until something better comes along in a few weeks. :D

The lemon ls part sucks. He can sell the ls and wait to find one in better condition or fix his up. I have seen many gen1 transmissions for sale for real cheap. The taurus looks good though. Good luck with the sale

The lemon ls part sucks. He can sell the ls and wait to find one in better condition or fix his up. I have seen many gen1 transmissions for sale for real cheap. The taurus looks good though. Good luck with the sale

One thing I've learned about this kid is that he can't make up his mind what he really wants to do (big time ADD). I got some links to some other sites and he changes his mind on a daily basis. One thing is clear is that if he comes across something that he can't tackle, he walks away from it. The bad transmission on the LS is one example. I understand his old '92 Explorer needs work so he won't drive it. Rather than liquidate one of the vehicles he does own and fix up the other cars properly, he just trades in a sort of working vehicle for another. This kid will be one of those people you see with many parked DOA vehicles on their front lawn complete with an assortment of appliances and furniture.

By the way, I'm told he did trade the Taurus for another Explorer. The Night Shades came out almost instantly as well as a plethora of audio mods. Even then he can't make up his mind and he's now trying to trade a head unit for a real tacky set of wheels. Once he starts to have troubles with this new truck, expect to see a "For Trade" sign come up. What he was supposed to do with one of his trucks was sell it for cash, buy a new tranny for the LS and pay his grandma back for the money she loaned him on the LS. Instead he traded the truck for a Taurus and then traded the Taurus for another Explorer. This all happened in the last few weeks!

I also got some links sent to me about some of his Craigslist ads (Detroit). They're comical and pretty hard to follow because he can't seem to communicate to the general public what he's really trying to accomplish. I'll be sure to link some next time he lists something for "trade" and it's bound to happen. Even in the short time he's been on this site he's tried to move two different Explorers and a Taurus. I think he'd love to unload the LS but that's hard to do when everyone knows it's sick. How many 17 year olds own three cars on a part time grocery store salary? Sounds like he can barely afford one of them, hence the need to "trade" all the time. I'm sure he's got whatever Christmas gifts he didn't want lined up for trades already.

Members online

No members online now.
Back