2001 LS V8 overheating

Randy Bobandy

LVC Member
Reaction score
My car just over heated whole my wife was driving. She said she also got a light to change the AC filter. Could these issues be related? I'm hoping that changing the filter will fix this problem, but I'm at work and haven't been able to research this yet. Thanks!

No, not related at all. The AC filter message is just based on climate control run time since the last time you changed the filter. The AC filter has zero to do with the engine.

You have either a problem with your hydraulic engine fan, your engine cooling system (leaks), or both. There are plenty of threads on here about both and how to diagnose which issue you have.

So another issue that must be related is the heat going in and out. This leads me to believe that the coolant system could have air pockets or be getting clogged. Sounds about right? Btw my dccv is new as of about 6 months ago, and only recently been losing the heat.

Just to clarify you're suggesting that there is an air leak? Because the fluid level is good. Also, what things should k be looking for, to show a leak?

White or colored residue on the parts. Yes, an air leak. There are literally hundreds of posts discussing this. It doesn't matter if you see traces or not, all those parts fail at about the same time, and should be replaced all at once too.

Ok so you have any idea how much all those parts would cost? Just a rough idea. Also, is crossover assembly the name I should search for when buying parts? I've never heard of that.

Members online

No members online now.
Back