2001 ls problems

nashmage

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
I have been researching alot on the car and looking at consumer reports as well as things like edmunds and they have said that on the V8 the tranny isnt very good. I was wondering if some people could clerify this to me as to what it is meaning such as does it break often so am i going to have to spend thousands of dollars getting things fixed or is it just bothersome in some way but works fine. I am also wondering if their are any other major problems i would have to deal with this year. I orignally found a silver 2000 ls but after being so close to buying it i backed out because the dealer was causing alot of problems. Now I have found one i like better that is a black on black 2001 v8. If their arent any major problems i should be buying that one some time soon. I am just hoping i wont have alot of problems large or small to deal with. I am mostly looking for a reliability factor for the car.

i have the same car and i love it, the 00-03 (i think) are know for the valve cover leaking down into the packs and plugs causing miss fires, i just fixed mine about a month ago. other than that i havent heard anything about the tranny being bad. i drive my car hard but i put the best into it and take care of it, i think thats the problem people have with there cars these days they just dont take care of them.

Taking care of the car isnt a problem with me because i take car of all cars i use nomatter what it is. I guess im still going to have to deal with the valve cover gasket though which kinda sucks but ill survive lol

I have an 01 V8 with about 74,000 miles on it. Had the valve cover gaskets and ball joints replaced recently, under warranty. The transmission at current mileage still shifts great. Overall, one of the nicest cars I've ever owned.

i have a 2001 with 63,000 miles and just had the valve covers and coils replaced....my transmission is fine although it seems to shift kinda weird before the car warms up but once it gets going its fine

hey I have a 2001 balck on black also, no tranny problems, a shifter problem with it reading d4 and2 coils going out not related to the valve cover leaking oil. No other problems, I have put 20's, Eibach springs, reverse glow gauges, Power slot rotors with hawk pads, an after market alarm and deck. And no problems.

I have a 2000 ls with 132,000 had valve cover replaced all four ball joints, all eight coil packs, steering rack, and now in the mornings my transmission is acting up a little bit when it shifts into second its a big thump lol only when im not really hittin that gas that hard and its in the morning.

Members online

Back