2001 Ls - Problems not going into gear

koliver8

New LVC Member
Reaction score
I am having problems with my car not wanting to go into 4th or 5th gear. I've taken it to a trusted mechanic 3 times and the problem still isn't fixed. An Error message(E) comes up on the dash where the DRN lights are and then it just refuses to cooperate so I'll have to stop and restart the car. Has anyone else had this problem?:confused:

well i just searched but couldn't find the thread. anyways there was a link to the sonnax website and it specifically said for the 5R55N where you don't have 4th or 5th gear it could be a little spring. i'm just trying to give my 2 cents. i would search around on www.transmissionspecialty.com or search through trans problems on here and you should find it.

btw does anyone remember that thread? if so let koliver know

Not to diss on your mechanic but take it to a Lincoln dealer. I had a problem with the E and all I know is that it is not a good meassage from what they told me at the Dealership. It got fixed and I dont remember if I found out what it was, but I know it was "supposidly" real bad.

Mine was doin the same thing last week....the E came up and then the check engine light came on. was the pressure control mod in the tranny. well it went out and completly screwed my entire tranny. had to get it rebuilt.....expensive

Thanks

well i just searched but couldn't find the thread. anyways there was a link to the sonnax website and it specifically said for the 5R55N where you don't have 4th or 5th gear it could be a little spring. i'm just trying to give my 2 cents. i would search around on www.transmissionspecialty.com or search through trans problems on here and you should find it.

btw does anyone remember that thread? if so let koliver know

Thanks so much for the info...i appreciate your reply and your input...that was much better than i've been getting around here.:D

Members online

Back