2001 LS electrical system problems

GoFar

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
A few days after replacing the radiator due to a crack on the previous one, I was encountering problems, several problems.

First off, my E-Brake light refuses to de-illuminate from the cluster. I've tried putting it on, then releasing it, and sometimes it goes off, sometimes it doesn't go off.

Another problem is the open-door sensor. Again, it sometimes go on, sometimes go off. All the doors are sealed tight, yet at times, it refuses to de-illuminate.

Time for the radio. You know how you take the keys off the ignition, the radio plays, but when you open the front doors, it turns off? Well mine refused to shut off, so I repeated the process of closing the doors, putting the key in the ignition, taking it out, and opening the doors again and the radio turned off. Never in the 170k miles of its lifetime has done such a thing! This happened today.

One last thing is the OBDII plug you find under the steering column to the right. I bought this troubleshooting device to see what codes the car was going to throw back on me, and it refused to work! I turned on the ignition to the 'on' mode, and waited... and waited for something to happen. Nothing did. It worked several months ago I'm sure.

This all happened within a days after replacing the radiator. Not once has this car have so many things going on with it. In fact, the only thing that was wrong with the car was the clockspring needing replacing that controls the airbag, horn, and cruise control.

Help please!

Members online

No members online now.
Back