2001 Lincoln LS 3.9 won't start

Gotfire

New LVC Member
Reaction score
Just picked up a 2001 LS Drove 400 miles home no problems . Got up this morning to drive out to my brother's house to do some maintenance and car just died after about 5 miles .
Won't turn over just * click click from the starter *
Starter has been tested as good
Battery is brand new * Jumping does not help *
Tried arcing the starter spins but does not kick out and meet the flywheel .
Checked all the fuses I can think of .
So now I figured it's time to come ask the experts hoping you guys got a trick or something I haven't thought of. * Maybe something to do with the security system ? *
Thanks

What's the voltage between the "B" terminal and the bare metal of the engine while someone is holding the key to the start position?

Just picked up a 2001 LS Drove 400 miles home no problems . Got up this morning to drive out to my brother's house to do some maintenance and car just died after about 5 miles .
Won't turn over just * click click from the starter *
Starter has been tested as good
Battery is brand new * Jumping does not help *
Tried arcing the starter spins but does not kick out and meet the flywheel .
Checked all the fuses I can think of .
So now I figured it's time to come ask the experts hoping you guys got a trick or something I haven't thought of. * Maybe something to do with the security system ? *
Thanks
What is the battery voltage? Just because the battery is new doesn't mean much...sometimes they need a good charge ...especially with the LS

What is the battery voltage? Just because the battery is new doesn't mean much...sometimes they need a good charge ...especially with the LS

Yes, and unless you have really good jumper cables (pretty much no one does), then you can't really jump it. You have to sit there long enough to charge the battery (if it is good). Anyway, the measurement I requested would get the loaded battery voltage as well as any fault between the battery and the starter.

What's the voltage between the "B" terminal and the bare metal of the engine while someone is holding the key to the start position?
I'm pretty sure that's the kind of issue I'm facing on my Taurus when the battery gets a little weaker from short trips. The wires are corroded badly. At its worst, I'll have to hold the starter position for a few seconds before it starts to turn the engine. That car only has a short wire run so the resistance and voltage drop aren't a big deal... yet.

I'm always happy to see how clean the terminals on the trunk mounted LS battery are, thoguh obviously the starter end is still exposed

Members online

No members online now.
Back