2001 Lincoln Continental check gas cap

bcrogers79

New LVC Member
Reaction score
hello all I got the check gas cap message came on so I went and bought a brand new one. and it still comes up check gas cap any ideas on my might be the problem any suggestions would be appreciated thank you,I also have a message that says no air ride how do I go about diagnosing that...plz help

Usually that means there's a cracked hose in the evap system. It's a small hose that leads to a charcoal canister used to trap fuel vapors. The system is pressurized and will trigger a CEL if there's a leak. 99% of the time it's a cracked rubber hose. As far as *where* that is on these cars, I don't know because I haven't had to dive into it yet.

The air ride is going to be a long complicated procedure. First we need to know what does it do now? Nothing at all? Does it leak and leave the rear sitting on the ground? Does the compressor ever run?

It sounds like the Suspension System isn't working at all. If you shut off the switch in the trunk do you get a Air Leveling Disabled message?
Normal operation vents pressure after you shut off the car and when you turn the key on before it pumps it up. If it was just your compressor not working I would think that your car would be low from all the venting.
There are some fuses you can check. Inside the car in the Central Fuse Box fuse #28 (10 amp). In the engine compartment in the Battery Junction Box maxi fuse #11 (60 amp), mini fuse #4 ( 30 amp). There is also a relay for the compressor.
If you have a Elm327 OBDII adapter you can use Forscan to run the self diagnostic test on the VDM control module. This should let you know if the module is working and if there are any codes present.

Members online

No members online now.
Back