2001 Dash plate bezel - Analog Clock Bulb

red73mustang

LVC Member
Reaction score
So I've read that the bulb for the analog clock on the Contis is a dealer only part so after confirming this I'm going to replace it. Is there any trick to getting the upper dash plate bezel off without damaging it?

Thanks

I haven't had that part off but there are screws along its lower edge hidden by the woodgrain strip. The trim around the radio just pulls out except for a single screw near the ignition switch, next to the intake for the HVAC temp sensor (clean this w/ alcohol while you have it apart). To reach it you'll want to drop the trim panel below the steering wheel.

Otherwise it looks to be just a few phillips screws. Expect a lot of foam bits from the AC vents. It seems to fall disintegrate as it gets older.

See if you can make out a bulb or part # for those who need to replace in the future.

If I were you I'd just solder a little LED on. Bright and will last forever, and you can have your color of choice.

I forget what I was doing but I actually replaced my clock and it removed pretty easy. I believe the light on it is the same as some of the indicator lights for the dash or climate box. You can easily mod it to a L.E.D. light. You will need a resistor to run in line, I have seen writeups on the web about how to do it, parts are cheap at RadioShack.

Members online

No members online now.
Back