2000LS misfire fixed?

LS Gets U Wet

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
well after getting the intake and exhaust on i decided it was time to put it in the shop to get rid of the infamous misfire!! and believe me, my misfire was real bad especially once i get the exhaust and you could hear it misfire ouch
All in all, it was a good experience, took them 4 business days to finish....still waiting to pick up the car here in a few hours
problems fixed:
Tranny re-flashed
Valve cover gaskets replaced
1 coil replaced
all new spark plugs
oil change
my warranty covered everything except plugs and oil change, had to pay $250 instead of over 2 grand....all i can say is thank heaven for extended warrantys :Beer

Hey "LS GET U WET"

I am just trying to help you out on this! If everything was under warranty, why would an oil change and 8 spark plugs cost you $250. 8 plugs including an oil change should have cost you,,, $60. They should not have charged you for anything. I say you go get your $250 back. warranty means warranty....

And it shouldn';t have taken them 4 days to complete your car. I replaced all my coils and spark plugs and did an oil change in less than 3 hours. Of course with the help of a good buddy of mine. I understand the Valve cover gaskets are a b%!#ch. But 4 days. You should complain...about that! Just trying to sAve u a buck!

Umm most extended warrantys have a decutible I had one on my Jeep Wrangler cost $200 to replace my clutch and transmission. Whoops! All I have to say is it saved my as$!

-Scott-

marcopepe said:
He didn't mention he has extended warranty! :soapbox:

Umm its a 2000 LS the odds are slim to none that it has the regular factory warranty on it there soap box. Meaning he probably purchased a extended warranty!

:Bang

-Scott-

to start off...its the same warranty when the car was bought (premium 100k 10 year warranty) and all warrantys do not cover things that just happen....such as spark plugs, ive never heard of a warranty covering a spark plug
there for....50$ for the warranty deductible...150 plugs/wires/oil and i guess thats it, right around there anyway
They can keep the LS for longer, the more they have it the more gas money i save

marcopepe said:
He didn't mention he has extended warranty! :soapbox:

Uh...yes he did. Read the last two words of his original post. And there is no way in God's little green earth that you can get a dealership to replace the plugs and service one of these for $60. Who are you kidding? And you have no idea why it took four days. He may have been told up front it was going to be a few days!

Honestly, posts such as yours are pretty lame. :bash: Read first, then think before you post. The guy received great service and was pleased with the results and price. Tool. :bash:

2001LS is more than right...
the plugs alone they quoted me at 7$/per
and charged one hour of labor to do it...
needless to say it is ready to be picked up in 15minutes once i get out of work here...
im only hoping they did it right

Members online

No members online now.
Back