2000 thermostat housing fill cap....

joespanova

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
Other than Lincoln is there a good source for the coolant fill cap on the t -housing? Black , round with an allen wrench hole .
Napa seems to be clueless.................I'm not talking about the degas bottle cap here. They keep thinking radiator cap and I try to tell em.......they dont know the difference apparently.

well you are at a napa store, most of hese places are clueless unless its a cavalier or a civic, let alone our car, I would check online first. see if you can find the part number then find it somewhere on line. Napa, autozone, ect. can only look stuff up by car year and part numbers other than that most of em are like having a computer that types for you

try maxx at five star ford, the add is on the top right, just make sure you give your VIN number so he can look up the part easier.

I just had to replace mine, auto stores have no clue what it is and its a ford only product. The guy at ford at first didnt even know what it was until he looked at all the part numbers on the t-housing, he described it as a insert and not a cap.

yeah, those caps can be rather delicate. Careful to not strip that hole and dont overtighten. With age and heat the plastic can crack rather easily.

Thanks all..........

A Ford dealer has one , a little farther to drive but if I cant get it where I live then so be it..............it actually cracked when I went to remove it to change the t -stat and bleed the system. It had a death grip on the housing LOL

You can also get the aluminum housing from rockauto Part# NCE2247ADKIT, its listed for the jaguar stype.

Has anyone actually used one of the aluminum ones on an LS? I am thinking about doing this since my plastic stuff is leaking.

Has anyone actually used one of the aluminum ones on an LS? I am thinking about doing this since my plastic stuff is leaking.

I'll chime in on this. Has anyone done this or know if the parts interchange?

My housing has recently started leaking, and the aluminum one is very tempting.

I'll chime in on this. Has anyone done this or know if the parts interchange?

My housing has recently started leaking, and the aluminum one is very tempting.

I just ordered one today. Here is a great post on the entire process. I do have one concern though. The OP of that thread states that:

"5. Once you’ve completed the project, your heater will NOT work!, you now need to bleed out all of the air from the coolant system as “WE” have a pressurized system."

Hopefully this just means that the heater won't work until AFTER the system is bled. Any thoughts?

I just ordered one today. Here is a great post on the entire process. I do have one concern though. The OP of that thread states that:

"5. Once you’ve completed the project, your heater will NOT work!, you now need to bleed out all of the air from the coolant system as “WE” have a pressurized system."

Hopefully this just means that the heater won't work until AFTER the system is bled. Any thoughts?

I ordered mine today, too. I found that thread yesterday and used his picture to compare to my housing and confirm they were the same. I'll probably pay the local shop to do the work, because of the whole drain/refill/bleed process.

The Lincoln dealer quote me something like $160 for the plastic OEM version of all the necessary parts included in that kit. Rockauto shipped them to me for $51 all in.

I ordered mine today, too. I found that thread yesterday and used his picture to compare to my housing and confirm they were the same. I'll probably pay the local shop to do the work, because of the whole drain/refill/bleed process.

The Lincoln dealer quote me something like $160 for the plastic OEM version of all the necessary parts included in that kit. Rockauto shipped them to me for $51 all in.

You must have selected a different shipping method. :) Mine came out to $55.13 with the 3 day shipping... My neighbor "has an awesome set of tools," so hopefully he'll hook me up and install it for me...

I bought the aluminum housing but have yet to install the entire thing. I've only used the cap which fit perfectly. I figured why buy another plastic cap that would probably just break again.

I bought the aluminum housing but have yet to install the entire thing. I've only used the cap which fit perfectly. I figured why buy another plastic cap that would probably just break again.

Absolutely. I'm not much of a mechanic, but Aluminum Vs Plastic is a no brainer.

My neighbor "has an awesome set of tools," so hopefully he'll hook me up and install it for me...

"You said class time was our time, so I thought I'd enjoy a pizza on MY time."

jeff.spicoli.anger.management.class-resized-600.jpg

Members online

No members online now.
Back