2000 Seat heaters what the heck

Right on the Mark

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
Ok I have a 2000. I checked all fuses. Pass seat works. Drivers no. I pulled seat check seat bottom continuity and for burns it checks out ok. Pull seat back apart find burnt wire.(no continuity) Replace back element and still no work. I also took the under seat heater relay/reg or what ever its called and swapped from pass to driver still no work. The green light lights up on button and stays on for 10 mins. I checked plug right at seat heater element and when I press dash button polarities change. So I know dash button is working. Any other leads?

I would bet you still have a short in the seat pad. When you put weight on it it changes the shape of the pad, possibly "opening" up the broken wire.

I would bet you still have a short in the seat pad. When you put weight on it it changes the shape of the pad, possibly "opening" up the broken wire.

I checked seat base element continuity then plugged right back in and still no work.

What resistance is it reading?

Don't know that. I found out how to test if circut is open or closed. I also bought a brand new seat lower element but after testing figure I didnt need. Might have to install just for heck of it.

Check the resistance of the new pad, and compare with the one still in the seat. Just test the bottom portion.

Members online

No members online now.
Back