2000 or 2002 Deville?

golf18

LVC Member
Reaction score
Hey all. I've always wanted a Deville. I recently got rid of my Lincoln LS and decided to try the Deville. Yesterday I purchased a 2000 Deville DTS and a 2002 Deville. Both white, both around 100k. I am keeping one and reselling the other. I love the 00 DTS and want to keep it for a year or two to enjoy. However, I'm concerned about keeping it too long and running into the head gasket issue. The 2000 seems like it was cared for brilliantly and runs strong - Florida car! Is the 02 engine much better than the 2000 DTS?

If I continue to care for the car, is there a pretty good chance I could see around 140k on it before the gaskets go? Just curious to hear everyone's thoughts on the difference so I can decide which one I am going to run. Thanks!

DTS - http://i.imgur.com/mYT7O.jpg

My 99 deville has 237,000+ miles. It still starts and runs like a champ. Keep up with your maintenance and you should see 140k+ no question. Without leaks and all proper fluid changes at the required intervals youll be fine. Also tune ups and so on.

me and you did the opposite i just got rid of my 96 deville for a 01 ls, but i went 256 thousand miles before my head gasket went and my cousin has a 2001 dts with 196 thousand no serious problems yet. just keep a eye on your cooling system and keep up on on your maintenance

Members online

No members online now.
Back