2000 ls8

mrsaintmichael

New LVC Member
Reaction score
So my as alt went out n I replaced it with a new one then it went out again the charging warning light comes on before it happens so I'm guessing there's a short does any one have a idea what it is ?

So my as alt went out n I replaced it with a new one then it went out again the charging warning light comes on before it happens so I'm guessing there's a short does any one have a idea what it is ?

Did you use a Motorcraft alternator?

Did you use a Motorcraft alternator?

+1

Haven't had the privilege of changing my alternator yet but I've definitely heard of nightmares from aftermarket alternators.

Motorcraft OEM parts all day, best way to go.

There's also a good chance that your bad alternators have damaged your battery. If it's bad, it needs to be replaced too. A bad battery will shorten the life of the alternator. I'll also echo the other comments about the brand. Only the OEM (Motorcraft) alternator works well with the gen I LS. It's because the gen I LS has an alternator control scheme that is different from almost any other car. The aftermarket alternators haven't been able to correctly duplicate this scheme.

When I changed it the first time I put a new battery as well the old one wasn't the right one and when it went out this last time the battery still had power to keep it started until it died

what kind of battery did you get? try to get Motorcraft too its almost same price as any other battery.

what kind of battery did you get? try to get Motorcraft too its almost same price as any other battery.

Actually..... A few bucks cheaper than Napa. AND the 750CCA is the same price as the 650CCA!!

I have the 750 cca and would the Bosch alt be good or should bi get a motor craft for sure ?

Motorcraft for longevity and compatibility with the car's electronics.

Ordered one at the dealer for 266 and the core charge is 75 so its not to bad

Members online

No members online now.
Back