2000 ls8 problems

00greenls

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
Hello all! I was wondering if anyone can help me figure out what may be wrong with my car. 2000 ls v-8 sometimes when i turn my key to start car it won't start nothing happens,no clicks just lights(oil,engine etc etc)disappear then reappear after you turn key to off and car won't start. This happened to me twice in 1 day and second time i wiggled key in ignition and car fired right up. I looked at battery and everything is secure with no corrosion. Is it possible its alternator or could it be coil issue or starter? While driving or idling i have no misses or cel light so i'm sure its not a coil issue. Please help! Thanks everyone for your time and replies. btw-second time i tried starting car i tried several times with no dice and then i wiggled key in ignition and it started.

Well i used to have that problem with my explorer, it turned out one of the terminals was loose on the battery, i adjusted it and tightned it. But it can also be your starter locking up if your getting no turning at all.

I was having a problem like this a few months ago, turned out to be water was leaking in the trunk and corroded some of the wiring back there near the battery. Before they found that out they changed a harness in the column, something to do with the PATS I think. When the car was on it never had a problem, just getting it started was the problem. Check your trunk and see if you have any water in there (in the spare tire area), just an idea.

I doubt it would be the alternator either.

I would think it has something to do with your ignition switch or PATS system. The PATS will not allow the engine to turn over if the key in the ignition is not recognized.

Members online

Back