2000 ls8 battery light

JTRUDEL

LVC Member
Reaction score
im fairly new to the fourm and have been doing alot of reading on the LS' ive recently run into the problem with the battery light on and message center "check charging system" i have replaced the battery because it was original and didnt pass the load test ....with a volt meter hooked up the battery is getting 15.5 volts at idle does anyone have an idea of what might be causeing this i did do a load test on the alternator with the car running and its putting out 90 amps at idle

any idea

thanks JUSTIN

I'm also having this issue myself and oddly enough, I also own a '00 LS8. I have a new battery and a new alternator on mine and it still gives me this prob.

this is how the problem started out and those of you that have read the most recent thread you know what the car has done anyone have an idea

Same issue 2002 Lincoln LS V8

It is also posted here about this
http://www.lincolnvscadillac.com/showthread.php?t=37433&highlight=charging+system

I am currently having this very same issue. Replaced the battery, all connections are tight..
It is intermittent.. Seems to happen when 'most' electrical stuff is on, i.e. lights , radio, wipers. It also will blow assy. fuses i.e. GPS, cellphone chargers, ipod power. It also will blow brake lights, turn signals.. It is also bolwing out the cabin temp sensor..

I love my car but this is driving me crazy..
I have searched and got everything from a bad alternator, bad key, loose connections, bad ground just to name a few..
I read were this seems to be a common problem yet there is no solutions...

If you got one come off with it...

What gives?? Is there a solution or do you live with it????

Members online

Back