2000 LS with 147K shaking

rrrick

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
Can anyone diagnose the problem, I think its the tranny but I want others opinion. My 2000 LS with 147,000 miles suddenly started shaking when it goes into 2nd gear, it started shaking lightly but now its more obvious. Once it stayed on neutral until I reversed and put it in drive again. Tell me what you think. Will a transmission flush help?

You are actually 3k short of the timeframe when Lincoln/FoMoCo states you are due for your first flush.

Are you certain your engine is running properly, firing fully on all cylinders, with all ignition coils operating at 100%?

I'm at 141K does anybody have a how-to on the tranny flush? I was just wondering if there was anything special required........LIKE A DIPSTICK!!! :p

I'm at 141K does anybody have a how-to on the tranny flush? I was just wondering if there was anything special required........LIKE A DIPSTICK!!! :p

the flush is really a purge while refilling - I do have the procedures...

The LS completely stopped moving forward. Had to have it towed to transmission place cause dealers are crooked. Anyway, estimate came in at 2300 to have it rebuilt. Does this sound right to all of you? Should I consider doing anything to the transmission that will help performance?

So are you saying I was robbed. The transmission you showed me goes for 1395 with shipping 1495, but what would you say labor for installation would run? Also what about performance?

my theroy is - if the shop is someone you trust, works with you and you believe in - then it's worth a little more. So if the shop that you're at is good - forget about a few bucks. If they suck - then be all about cheap.

my theroy is - if the shop is someone you trust, works with you and you believe in - then it's worth a little more. So if the shop that you're at is good - forget about a few bucks. If they suck - then be all about cheap.

iwstupid.gif

Holy crap, I actually agree with Quick on something! Seriously though. He is right. Most of the time it pays to spend a little extra for a better product of service.

Members online

No members online now.
Back