2000 LS v8 no power to fuel pump

Hey guys, thank you for the suggestions. I'm noticing a trend, everyone is trying to help me but I am not accepting it very well. My dad tried to help and look what I said about him. I will try to do better from now on.

Checked all my fuses in the trunk. They all have some pretty gnarly corrosion on them but I replaced two that were blown. The 15A for the fuel pump was blown today (it was good previously I swear) as well as the 5A heated mirror fuse. Plugged the relay in, heard it click and the fuel pump engage. Car starts now thank you everyone.

The 175A fuse is still working even though the casing is broken, going to replace it anyway

Battery is at 12.63 volts after charging

Now in addition to the no start issue fixed I have a new fuel pump and heated mirrors.

Last edited:
Would you mind explaining why you think the 5A fuse was the problem? Or linking something with the information? I made the post because I did not find the answer to why this was happening on the forum anywhere.

sorry not 5 amp 15amp in slot 17 in the winter when i dont use my car for awhile and the battery drops to into the 11 volts area if i try to start the car it will crank not not fire up and it can cause that fuse to blow.

Oh okay maybe my battery getting low was bad for that 15A fuse. Still don't really understand why it wasn't working when the fuse was testing good. Possibly the fuse was on its way out and it was the issue all along.

Something kind of odd happened though. When I first put the casing back on the bottom of the BJB and put everything back in, the fuel pump did not engage. I took the BJB out again and took the bottom casing off and it worked again. Put it back together one more time and it is running fine so far. I am suspecting the wiring to the relay contacts or the relay itself. Hope this car does not leave me stranded one day. Does anyone know how to clean the relay/fuse/wiring contacts? If I could make some sort of solution and submerge the BJB to clean it that would be ideal. Taking the wiring out of the back side seems like a good way for me to break something.

CRC, WD40, and a bunch of others make electrical contact cleaners.
Spray on and use a tooth brush to rub, scrape and clean the socket contacts and the fingers of the fuses, relays, etc.
I would replace all the fuses and relays with new ones. They are cheap.
I would also try to find what is causing the pump to not run when you handle the junction block.
Hit one good bump and you might wind up walking home.

I picked up some CRC QD Electronic Cleaner for the Battery Junction Box connectors.

Members online

No members online now.
Back