2000 LS V8 Great Condition but needs timing chain replacement

ind3vj3wal

New LVC Member
Reaction score
Contact seller
Let me start off by saying I am tearing up a bit while writing this. Dual-exhaust, RWD, V8, sport sedan with great handling, beautiful leather interior and a great sound system. It was my dream car.

I have loved owning this car but life changes and it no longer fits my needs. It's time to turn it over to someone who has the time, money and passion to repair, drive and maintain it.

That being said, the only problem with the car is this issue with the timing chain. Apparently it is a complicated job with special tools required. My local dealership quoted me a few thousand for repair. If you are a solid mechanic or have access to those required tools, this could be a real winner for you.

2011-03-27_18-56-29_235.png

2011-03-27_18-56-13_67.png

2011-03-27_18-53-22_313.png

2011-03-27_19-01-07_632.png

2011-03-27_18-49-16_56.png

2011-03-27_19-03-04_67.png

2011-03-27_19-01-36_238.png

2011-03-27_18-52-57_555.png

Located In Tampa, Florida
138000k mi
New Front end suspension including upper and lower ball joints, bushings and struts.
New Coil Packs and Valve Gaskets
Rebuilt Transmission approx 20k miles
New Main Computer
New AC Compressor
New Tires
Leather Sport PKG
6 Disc CD Changer
No Rust-Great Paint-Peeling a bit on rear bumper, small chips on front bumper all visible in photos

All Reasonable Offers Considered. Happy to answer any questions.

Contact for more info or additional photos:
preferred contact: jeff.pesce@gmail.com
C-813-758-8669

You are crazy to think you might get even close to kbb. It has a timing issue and if a chain broke then it is a bigger project then just changing the chains. You will prolly get $1500 tops for it. Sorry, nobody is going to pay that much for a car with a bad motor. Good luck on the sale.

I appreciate your perspective "Slick" but I never said I was asking KBB. It actually says to make an offer. I posted here because this is where people that know about the LS would be able to see the potential in a good buy on a solid car with a timing chain issue.

The car was DRIVEN to my dealer and towed home. They stated there was no damage to the engine as the timing chain was only loose and not broken. They also explained there are four alignment points and it is a complicated job to replace without special tools which I do not have.

Thanks again for your wishes of Good Luck. You have a great day too friend.

already been through this, if they state loose then after you do repair which is over 1k for parts then 900.00 for tool and countless hours of labor, the engine will do it again and eat the valves up. so it needs a new motor which for a low milage "A" grade motor is more expensive than the jag 4.0 which bolts right up after you do the full intake switch and is easier to find with low miles. so your looking at a car that is only worth 700-1k in MINT condition. but personally i would never go through this again.

Members online

No members online now.
Back