2000 ls v8 fog lights not working

Lincoln LS

1. Lincolnls800

Lincolnls800 New LVC Member

Hi there new to lvc. I need help with my fog lights as they aren’t working at all. So far I have checked the bulbs they are good. I used a multimeter to check voltage and resistance at the fuse,relay, and pigtails. The fuse is good. There is not any voltage at all to the fuse or the relay. The other relays have voltage to them. The pig tails have no voltage Or resistance but when I turn the fog lights switch on they start getting a resistance but no voltage which really stumps me as the relay has no power to it and neither does the fuse. The little green led on the headlight switch illuminates but the cluster doesn’t show the fog light symbol I guess it’s suppose to. All other lights work including the dims and brights. I do suspect the clock spring is bad on the vehicle as the horn and cruise control don’t work and only the mute button on the steering wheel works and all fuses are good for the horn and cruise. Could the two be related? I have never seen the fog lights work the entire two years I’ve owned the car. Thanks in advance

2. joegr

joegr Dedicated LVC Member

There is no fog-light indicator on the cluster. There is only the small LED by the light switch.
    The clockspring has nothing to do with the fog lights.

3. craigh

craigh Well-Known LVC Member

Pull the headlight switch out slightly to turn on the fog lights.

4. Lincolnls800

I know how to turn them on I’m not stupid. They don’t work when pulled out

• Like Like x 1
    • craigh

craigh Well-Known LVC Member

The shop manual has 12 pages of diagnostics to troubleshoot the fog lights. I don't have an easy way to copy and post the pages oe I would. Do you have access to a shop manual online? Message me with your number and I can take pictures of the pages and text them to you if you need them. Two things I noted, that fuse F103 is under hood and controls the fog lights. This should be hot at all times. Also the relay does receive a signal from the front electronic module to operate, so it could be an issue with the FEM. I have also had one of the headlight switches go out before and needed to be replaced.

• Lincolnls800

Ok I will send you my number now. Please send me all that you can regarding the fog lights troubleshooting. Thanks!

• joegr

joegr Dedicated LVC Member