2000 ls v6 five speed transmission

candyman2499

New LVC Member
Reaction score
I just recently bought a 2000 ls v6 with a five speed but the previous owner beat on it like crazy and the gears themselves within the trans need replaced or the whole teams needs replaced makes a god awful grinding sound can get a short video if needed but just need to know roughly where to find a used manual trans or where to go searching for a rebuild kit as google is no help and only shows stuff for the automatics. TIA!!

I would get the Clutch adjustments and maybe the trans fluid checked... I know in CANADA I know where a 2002 manual v6 everything is there but its a you pull even though they might ship I would contact them and ask them if you want and willing to pay shipping.
Search Kennyupull on google, there might be one closer in your area
also ran a quick google search and just found 4th gear lol

Used Getrag transmissions for the LS are probably non-existent. Depending on how things go, I may have a whole car for you that could be driven from NH where I am to Ohio. I replaced the transmission in mine in 2011 or so, it was supposedly taken from the development cars that Ford was using in the early days. I am on the final stages of building and installing an engine for my next car and the LS may be able to move on fairly soon. I just use it for parts runs when my other car is in the garage for repairs. The whole car actually still kicks ass. Oh, it also has a working hydraulic cooling fan rig!

Its unlikely to be the transmission. Getrag are one of the best , if not the best manual transmissions. The famous Supra in Twin Turbo manual version uses Getrag transmission. CHECK THE CLUTCH.

Its unlikely to be the transmission. Getrag are one of the best , if not the best manual transmissions. The famous Supra in Twin Turbo manual version uses Getrag transmission. CHECK THE CLUTCH.
When my transmission went, it did the same thing. They have ATF Mercon for fluid and they develop leaks at the gear selector shaft on a small 12mm shaft that inputs the gear selection action to the transmission. It only leaks on the road, then stops when fluid is not circulating. So if you don't use a lift or give the car regular inspections, you can run it dry without knowing it is losing fluid. Once that happens, it is over. The noise that starts happening sounds like bad bearings or thrust washers, and it puts out a lot of noise that progressively gets worse. Other than that, they are a great gearbox. I really love the fully synchromesh reverse gear these have.

I just recently bought a 2000 ls v6 with a five speed but the previous owner beat on it like crazy and the gears themselves within the trans need replaced or the whole teams needs replaced makes a god awful grinding sound can get a short video if needed but just need to know roughly where to find a used manual trans or where to go searching for a rebuild kit as google is no help and only shows stuff for the automatics. TIA!!
Hello Candyman,
I have a 2000 5-sp with about 90K miles on it, which I should sell. I also have a bunch of new suspension parts, uninstalled. The best part is I'm in Cincinnati. Interested?

Members online

Back