2000 LS Trunk question.

Nateraven

New LVC Member
Reaction score
I had a small case of vandalism done to my car. The back license plate was pulled off. The plastic brackets the screws go into were ripped out breaking the plastic around them.

To fix this I was thinking about taking the trunk apart and using two bolts with lock washers to affix the license plate.

My first question is: Is this the right way to go? If it is how do I take apart the trunk?

My second question: Is there a better way to do this?

You could search around for a cheap used rear surround.

Other than that, you just remove the beauty cover on the trunk and its self explanatory. Sounds like your plan could work.

If it was just the square clips those could be purchased anywhere just about.

Other than that, you just remove the beauty cover on the trunk and its self explanatory. Sounds like your plan could work.

+1

How does the beauty cover come off? Does it just pop off?

Get a needle nose under it and pry the bastard off. If it breaks oh well they suck anyway and are super cheap at the store, like $.10 a piece if that

OK so I got the beauty cover off. Removed all the nuts I could find that looked like they were holding the rear surround on.... but I cant seem to get it off. Its loose but it seems like there is something near the top that is caught or hooked on something. What am I missing to remove it?

You missed a nut. It affixes the very top part of the rear surround to the trunk. I did the same thing the first time I took mine off.

+1. It's right behind the lincoln emblem.

Be careful when tightening that one when reassembling. I overtorqued mine and broke it.

Thanks alot for the help guys!

I finally got the surround off. Turns out there were some clips that were stuck that kept giving me the trouble.

Members online

No members online now.
Back