2000 Ls tc info needed

Sleepingciv

New LVC Member
Reaction score
Ok I've been messing with this Ls for a good while lol
I have the motor and trans removed from the car and trying to remove the trans form the engine. I've learned the tc bolts can be accessed after the starter is removed but they are offset meaning I can get a socket straight in to them. So I bought a set of metric off set wrenches to get to them and that didn't work.
So how the heck do I get the tc bolts off? Lol
From what I've read on here there are 4 of them correct? I've searched in here called transmission places and the local Ford dealer with no luck. I just wanna get this trans and motor and rest of the car outta my shop Lola's any tips or tricks?

I have a manual. Did you try the gap at the bottom of the oil pan? I know there was a cover Down there

Mine is a v6 also.

Only cover I seen at the bottom was a small rubber plug. I figured there would be a inspection plate.
Do I need to remove the oil pan ?

Lol I would just remove the pan to figure it out...but that may not be ideal for you...Again I have a 5speed, but I'd at least look thru that inspection cover to see if you can grab them thru there.

Do you need an oil pan gasket or in using a different motor, why not pull the pan. I'll tell you one thing...if you have a v6..you will get some nasty stuff outta there. The gasket is also metal for the most part, with silicone one the inside. I'm not super experienced with these cars. They are not easy. compared to other vehicles.

I wish I could help more.

Sorry forgot to mention it's a automatic v8. That time hole on the bottom is the bottom of the tc. As for the gaskets I'm not to concerned about as I bought the car to part it out lol.

Ow yeah...tear it to pieces lol. I can't ever recall getting a used motor with a good op gasket. Id bet it probably leaks already anyways....so sealing it with gasket gunk (properly) would be doing the buyer a favor, if the motor is sellable that is.

It actually don't leak lol. But it just developed a slight rod knock. Just planned on selling the heads and such. But trans is making me mad lol

U get to them thru the rubber plug on the bottom. 8 bolts maybe? I had someone turn the crank to expose each bolt while i took them out.

The rubber plug only lets you see the very bottom of the tc. No bolts. Here's s few pics.
Straight on the starter hole
FC4B2DB6-57BE-458D-A4BA-FF2CD3F3A10D_zpsxqbggpue.jpg

From side of the hole. Also tried a swivel and socket not enough room
E10A6C7A-CA06-4FE3-92B8-B4BF0CF284EC_zpsbbyybkji.jpg

Under where the rubber plug was. I made a video and turned crank didn't show any bolts
7A4A9053-27DE-4C63-816C-4C3464D9E345_zpsjmukub6r.png

V6 is different i guess. Just separate the trans from the engine block since it's out of the car. The input shaft will slide out of the torque convertor.

That's what I thought also. I took all bell housing bolts out and it wouldn't move. Maybe it's stuck on the guide pins.

The guide pins do get stuck. Steel sleeve in an aluminum hole. Try some heat or just beat them out with a hammer.

Members online

No members online now.
Back