2000 Ls Supercharger

M

MADNE$$

Hi all, I just wanted to know if there are any available superchargers for the LS? I bought my LS back in 2000 and it ran great until it hit around 55,000 miles. Since my warranty is over, I am looking foward to having some real fun modifying my LS. Most of my upgrades so far have not been very dramatic (KKM induction kit, 18 inch rims, HIDs, etc.), but I'll post up pics soon anyways.

I get about 16 mpg on my LS because of my lead foot and I know the car is more capable than its 252hp engine, so if someone can direct me to the nearest supercharger or turbo system, I would be so very grateful. Thanks in advance!!!! :Beer

I am ready to drop at least $10,000 in this project, so I'll take all the suggestions you have, I will post my pics as the transformation goes through, so it'll be a LVC project for the members. Now hit me! :nos:

omg, i just noticed joe's thread about the superchargers......(preparing to get flamed on!!) 80(

MADNE$$ said:
Hi all, I just wanted to know if there are any available superchargers for the LS? I bought my LS back in 2000 and it ran great until it hit around 55,000 miles.

Just curious...what happened at 55,000 miles??

Well, when I started to hit around 55,000 miles, I had common problems with the ignition coil, rear window, and my transmission. Its odd that everyone has been having similar problems at around this mileage. In addition, I just had my PCM chip reflashed because of delayed shifting from parked to reverse and reverse to drive. :soapbox:

It has cost me around 3,000 dollars in repairs (total), I hope you dont experience the same. :Beer

Rear window should be fixed under a TSB. The transmission problem... someone just made a post about that yesterday. Delay in the transmission... nothing's going to be immediate. There has to be some time for the computer to think.

MADNE$$ said:
Well, when I started to hit around 55,000 miles, I had common problems with the ignition coil, rear window, and my transmission. Its odd that everyone has been having similar problems at around this mileage. In addition, I just had my PCM chip reflashed because of delayed shifting from parked to reverse and reverse to drive. :soapbox:

It has cost me around 3,000 dollars in repairs (total), I hope you dont experience the same. :Beer

I don't know if my PCM has been reflashed for the tranny, but I am not sure if it makes things better or worse for older transmissions. Maybe I should leave mine alone. :)

I started having problems around 55,500 miles too. The computer doesn't need 5 seconds to think when it used to take .5. It can think all it wants, just don't give me whiplash doing it.

Lucas05 3 said:
I started having problems around 55,500 miles too. The computer doesn't need 5 seconds to think when it used to take .5. It can think all it wants, just don't give me whiplash doing it.

Mine started to bug me when it took around 2-3 seconds to shift, I figured the harsh jolts weren't too good for my car, so I decided on the re-flash. Worked like new right after! :L

MADNE$$ said:
Hi all, I just wanted to know if there are any available superchargers for the LS? I bought my LS back in 2000 and it ran great until it hit around 55,000 miles. Since my warranty is over, I am looking foward to having some real fun modifying my LS. Most of my upgrades so far have not been very dramatic (KKM induction kit, 18 inch rims, HIDs, etc.), but I'll post up pics soon anyways.

I get about 16 mpg on my LS because of my lead foot and I know the car is more capable than its 252hp engine, so if someone can direct me to the nearest supercharger or turbo system, I would be so very grateful. Thanks in advance!!!! :Beer

I am ready to drop at least $10,000 in this project, so I'll take all the suggestions you have, I will post my pics as the transformation goes through, so it'll be a LVC project for the members. Now hit me! :nos:
er....looks like you are in orange county. I have a solution for you. Make sure you call me on 949 722 7100 I am Alex from special vehicle concepts, I can have your car installed with a blower in the next few days, even by the weekend if we jump to it! Do you fancy 375hp (ish), it can be done.

MADNE$$ said:

email svc: alex@specialvehicles.com, phone system faulty today! :wrench

Heck why not contact Oliver for some custom billet connecting rods. Get some forged pistons and maybe slightly bore the block to fit if needed. Fab a custom mounted centrifugal charger setup. Swap a 4R70W tranny in with a little finessing and manage it with either a TCS stand-alone tranny computer or Baumann one. New driveshaft and do something with the rear end. Yeehaw! Sounds like an aweful lot of money but man it would be fun! If I didnt already have my other huge project going to be taking place soon I would be doing something like this. But only the custom centri setup will take place and only be making 6-8 pounds at that. Nothing special. Heck the only reason I am doing the project is because I have had a brand new head unit with injectors fuel pump and all that just sitting around for the last 2 years! Gotta use it somewhere! Good luck and have fun if you do decide to go for the charger.

Members online

No members online now.
Back